Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 follower Segui

CDJ-3000: Crackling sound with FLAC files

Hi.

Today I was trying for the first time FLAC files with the CDJ-3000. A lot of my files do have a crackling sound within the first 2 seconds of the track. This isn't there when playing them on the PC. But when playing them with the CDJ-3000 it crackles directly after start. Maybe 40% of the files I was trying I experienced this.

I can provide files for testing. Right now I don't think they are corrupt.

Thanks

Frank Richter

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

5 commenti

It is recommended to upload the FILE in question somewhere and paste the LINK here.

tomo 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

OK - I take that back. Looks like the tagging program I was using corrupted lots of the FLAC files. Need to find a way to re-encode them.

UPDATE:

Well - I still have issues with FLAC files. Even when they are show as correct some are still crackling. As it is not happening with all of them, I assume these are file issues. I got some fixed by re-encoding them. I would need to investigate more.

Frank Richter 0 voti

Hey Frank,

If you'd like to send over one that is crackling and one that is not, I can pass that to our engineering team to review - forums@pioneerdj.com.

Thanks

Pulse 0 voti

Update:

When converting a crackling file from FLAC back to WAV and use a different program to convert to FLAC and tag it again, the crackling goes away.

So might be a conversion issue, not necessarily a problem with the CDJ-3000.
Question is why other playing devices do not sound the crackling even with the 'defect' file.
I sent in a file for analysis. Maybe there is a possibility to make the CDJ-3000 more 'tolerant' to such files.

Thanks

Frank Richter 0 voti

Final message on this.

Looks like my workflow and the tools I was using were causing the issue. I was able to re-encode the source files and tag them correctly without having the crackling sound on the CDJ-3000.

I can apply the changes by mass processing which will leave me with an acceptable amount of time to be spend to get back to normal....

Frank Richter 0 voti