Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

5 follower Segui

DJM S11 Auto BPM not working with traditional vinyl

Hi!

it seems that the Auto BPM counter doesn´t work when I use my S11 with traditional vinyl/Phono input. I tried with different volume levels and different vinyl records without success to get a BPM count that is near the real value. The BPM is really far from the real value, meaning more than 50% off.

Is this normal? Am I overseeing something?

In DVS mode everything works fine and the BPM value varies about max. +/- 0,2 %

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Markus

Markus Macht

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

15 commenti

Makes no difference if I am connected to my Macbook Pro or Serato or playing just traditional vinyl without any Notebook connected. It´s the same behaviour. Auto BPM does not recognize the correct BPM. I tried also with different tracks...

Best,

Markus

Markus Macht 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

Makus,

Did you have the crossfader to the side that was playing at the time?

Pulse 0 voti

Yes, I tried this with both sides.

I tried also to have the crossfader in middle position, but no change.

Markus Macht 0 voti

Which firmware version do you have installed? I tested with 1.03 and it worked regardless of what I tried!

Pulse 0 voti

This issue is really annoying. Most of the music I play is between 80 and 120 BPM (mostly HipHop and Downtempo). In the meantime I tried also higher BPM values. It seems that with 120 BPM and higher it works a little better. But it takes about 30 seconds for counter to recognize the correct value. Imho this is too long. And it works not reliable.

Anybody else having this issue?

Best,
Markus

Markus Macht 0 voti

Could anybody else please try on his s11 with tracks about 90 bpm?

Thx & best regards

Markus Macht 0 voti

I can confirm that the same thing is happening to me. Very frustrating as the "tap" button is pretty small and it's annoying to have to tap in the BPM for every song. I wish it worked. 

Steve Dub 0 voti

Thanks for your feedback, Steve. In the meantime I sent my S11 to the pioneers service. It came back to me without any changement. The statement of the service technician was, that they could not reproduce this behavior.

Very disappointing again...

Markus Macht 0 voti

Wow! it's almost like they didn't even try to reproduce the behavior. I mean all you would have to do is throw a piece of wax on to see that the auto BPM isn't working.

Steve Dub 0 voti

On the repair report is written that they tested the mixer and made even a longtime test. I have to say that sometimes the BPM counter is recognizing the tempo, but it takes really long (more than a minute!). And I think this is too long. I mean in 2021 the technology should be available to integrate a rocksolid BPM counter into a flagship mixer that costs almost 2000 €. Look at ableton live 11, even they integrated a BPM follower function for live performances.

Markus Macht 0 voti

Hello so I had the same problem and after playing around I actually found the glitch. If your gain is not at 12 o'clock or higher it will not find your bpm

Jon Bibas 0 voti

Jon Bibas

its still not working well, and not stable. somtimes itd just flashing for the whole duration of the song, sometimes locks and start flashing again, its just vcant lock onthe vinyl bpm? 

is it the same for you?

Ran Ben Atar 0 voti