Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 follower Segui

Recording from the DJM S11 without using Serato

Not a huge fan of Serato and wondered as the mixer doesn't have a dedicated record out, what other options do I have?

I'm annoyed that DJM-Rec isn't supported as this app works so well on other Pioneer mixers. Would you recommend booth out via balanced jacks? 

Richie Con risposta

Commento ufficiale

Even if you're not using Serato, there is a dedicated master recording output over USB, but you could also use the master 2 or booth outputs for recording to an external recording device. The DJM-REC app is not supported as this mixer is primarily intended for use with software.

Pulse
Azioni per commenti Permalink

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

4 commenti

Thanks for the reply Pulse. I tried recording into Audacity via USB A and USB B. Unfortunately Audacity only shows the S11 as an input but no signal comes out.

I assume using balanced outputs into a Tascam recorder from the booth out will be high quality audio output?

Richie 0 voti

Assuming you have the drivers properly installed...

If you're using a Mac, you'll need to check the mic permissions in the system preferences > security & privacy for Audacity to record.

If you're on a PC, Audacity doesn't support ASIO devices by default, so you're going to want to use an application like Voicemeeter Banana to record (or to re-route the ASIO inputs to a WDM driver for Audacity).

Pulse 0 voti

Yes, recording via the Booth out would still be a decent quality.

Pulse 0 voti