Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 follower Segui

DJM Master Volume Serial number

HI, I have just replaced the master volume on my DJM 500 but there seems to be a fault. The Xfader seems to work the opposite way left to  right instead of right to left and the bpm display is blinking and flickering strangely. This is probably a unit from early 2000's  and I'm thinking would the part that I bought be the correct part number (DWG1474) or is there other Master volume faders with different serials? I just need to know so I can send it back if its not the right part or its defective.

When I put my other Master fader back in it works OK apart from only the right channel working which is why I'm replacing it.

I replaced all of the faders so does it make a difference which way I put the faders back into the unit too?  There seems to be no problem with these.

Adam Wallace

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

3 commenti

The DJM 500 is more from the mid 90s. The successor was the DJM 600.

Your problem sounds weird indeed. I would make sure to put in the channel faders in the correct order, althouth there should be no difference (besides the connector is located slightly different to route the cable properly):

CH1: DWG1475
CH2: DWG1476
CH3: DWG1477
CH4: DWG1478

Master: DWG1474

From the service manual I cannot see that there is any other part number for the master fader. From your description it sound like you may have put the cable in the wrong direction in the master fader, make sure that pin 1 is aligned properly (for all cables). The crossfader is not connected to master fader directly, it is using a VCA circuit.

Maybe someone messed up something inside the mixer already? If you have technical/electronic knowledge, I would recommend to search for the DJM 500 service manual and have a look for yourself. For this old unit it is not worth to give it to a Pioneer Service (which I would recommend for every newer unit of course).

Regards
Markus

Markus Marquardt 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

Hii there Marcus. What you said is a great help becuase I was unsure of where all the faders go. I took them out and thought they would all be the same. I switched them around again but to no avail.I will check  one more time now that I have these values. It was Ok before  I soldered the new faders on. Maybe it's my soldering. I was worried I may have beeen sent a faulty Xfader and/or channel faders (i've had them about two years just hadn't got round to soldering it in).

One thing I have noticed though is that the Xfader I bought has a very short fade out and is not smooth at all. it seems to start fading out way past the half way mark and dissapears completely at least 1 notch before  it gets to the other side. Nevermind maybe it's just my imagination and it was like that before.

Thanks for the help, I'll give it the switcheroo later and tell you what happens!

Adam Wallace 0 voti

I did the same type of repair on a DJM 500 I had some time before. Unsoldered the old faders from the PCBs, soldered in the new faders, worked like a charme.

But electrically all faders have the same value:

CH1-CH4, Master: Pio Part No. DCV1004, 10 kOhm, Type "B" (should be linear)
Crossfader: Pio Part No. DCV1003, 10 kOhm, Type "B" (should be linear), this is on ASSY DWG1473

Markus Marquardt 0 voti