Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 follower Segui

DJM 900NXS2 & CDJ3000 master red light on right deck issue

I have had two replacement cdj3000's already since purchasing them due to the Master Tempo issue and also due to the right deck number 3 in my set up not displaying the red master light when channel 3 is live. I thought this was likely a fault with the unit but it maybe a software communication issue. 

It is not a fault with the DJM900 hardware as the Master light worked with my cdj2000nxs2 & djm900nxs2. Any one else have this issue? Both the 3000's and djm have the latest firmware update.

The Witch Doctor

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

8 commenti

Is the right deck assigned as player 3 when connected to channel 3?

Pulse 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

Hi Pulse yes both the line and digital inputs are in 3, when deck 3 is the master player, master comes up on the central jog wheel display and the main display just not the red ring light. The left deck, deck 2 is working fine. All other lights are working fine.

The Witch Doctor 0 voti

Just noticed the display is saying the deck plugged into input 3 on both digital and line is saying the deck is player 1 which is very strange, how would I change this? Thanks in advance for your help.

The Witch Doctor 0 voti

There's no benefit in having both analog and digital connections simultaneously, and while I don't believe it would be causing the problem, try disconnecting it.

The master deck selection would be only for one deck in the system depending on which is set as such. If it's not networking properly, I'd recommend checking the cables / ports used. Perhaps even try a different player number / channel assignment as it could be an issue with your mixer's CH3.

Pulse 0 voti

Change the player number on the CDJ itself in the UTILITY menu; disconnect any USB devices and ethernet cables to change it.

Pulse 0 voti

When I use the fader for channel 1 the red ring light works, most weird lol

The Witch Doctor 0 voti

That worked by selecting player 3 in the utility menu which means the auto isn't picking it up but thanks for that fix :) 

The Witch Doctor 0 voti