Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 follower Segui

DJM 900 NXS 2 digital in and out problems

Hello,

I am trying to connect my DJM 900 Nexus 2 to my Roland MX1 via digital output and run my two CD drives via digital input on the Nexus. The following problem occurs.

When I run the mixer via DVS and my turntables the output signal comes out of the MX1, but as soon as I switch on the CD players the digital signal on the MX1 is gone? If I only use the CD players on the digital input and not the MX1, can I play music through it without problems?

Apparently I can not use both at the same time?

I tried it on 44.1kHz and 96kHz.

Martin

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

4 commenti

It should be able to work for simultaneous input as the output from the DJM. The output doesn't change; it's linear PCM and the sample rate can be configured in the mixer's settings menu. 

Pulse 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

Hey Pulse,

thank you for your reply.

Yes, so I have already tried that and always adjusted the sample rate to the devices. Digital Mixer output on the DJM is set to 44.1kHz and on the Roland MX1 input to 44.1kHz. The sound then also comes out of the MX1 as it should. But if I turn on the double CD player with the digital outputs to the inputs of the DJM 900 is immediately the signal on the MX1 gone? I guess the CD players have 44.1kHz because they are a bit older. However, a super signal comes from them at the input of the DJM 900. I do not understand why it does not work if I want to use both? Can I also set the sample rate on the DJM 900 MK2 for the digital inputs. I do not find in the settings menu to do so?

Martin 0 voti

Sorry Martin, I'm not sure I can explain it -- I know the mixer does output digital master when digital sources are used for input because I've been using that configuration myself for years.

Question for you though... you said you're using the turntables as DVS, so obviously you're using software. Which application are you running and how do you have the audio configured for the main output?

Pulse 0 voti

Yes, I have been using DVS with Rekordbox, Traktor Pro and Serato for years. Everything is super configured and works wonderfully with the mixer. With all programmes, I have the TTs connected on channels 2 and 3 in the middle and my CD player and my TR8 S as well as various synthesizers on 1 and 4. However, the assignment does not matter because if I only play analogue with vinyl records and do not have a computer connected via USB, the same happens with the digital output. Even if I change everything, it's the same. As soon as I switch on the CD player, the digital output signal from the DJM goes off. But at the analogue master output via chinch or XLR the signal still comes out.

Martin 0 voti