Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 follower Segui

chaining two V10 mixers together (audio routing Q/Suggestion)

Hey thanks for any assistance! I have a V10LF and a standard V10 and I made an aggregate IO in OSX, so I can use all 12 faders in Ableton and route audio in/out. It's rad! My issue is this:

When using a combination of audio sources I sometimes want to route my V10LF (all Ableton channels) into my other V10, and then use all SIX of those V10 channels for a combo of Maschine, Vinyl and Denon Prime players... but I don't want to give up a channel for my Ableton feed. So... I can use "Multi IO" but when I select "master" for the M-IO output it kills all of the other channels and "takes over" my Master feed. I only hear the LF session (ableton)... If I use Send/Return channels, i can route in and "ghost feed" into my session, but only if I flip my "master mix" switch to allow for passive audio feed. If I do this, my built in effects on the left are only audible if I give up another channel to "receive" them... in any case I give up a channel. Is there a way around this?

Can "multi IO" with "master" selected be reprogrammed to allow the passive audio to come in while also leaving all six channels available for my other mix?

BobbyDuracel

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

3 commenti

TWO V10's? That's blasphemy! :D

Okay, here's a solution you may have missed initially...

Master out of the V10LF > V10 Multi IO RETURN connection. Select the INSERT option and assign it to the MIC. So long as you're not using the mic on that mixer, it's all good, and it won't interrupt anything else!

Pulse 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

Well now I feel STUPID! I never even bothered to look at the MIC spot on the dial. Perfect. THANK YOU! Yes, total blasphemy... I agree. BUT man it's fun. If only the Multi IO "master" selection didn't kill the entire sum of mixer channels that would make the most sense to me, but I am just the end user.

Thank you again. Simple stupid fix there. It's perfect. I would love a separate "session in" channel with full controls, but... well... it's already such a monster mixer with a million options, I can't complain.

BobbyDuracel 0 voti

Yeah, I'm not sure what the function is of it killing the master, but then again, I think it's because the mixer expects the master signal to be sent out, but it's not - you just have an input, so it's not returning.

Pulse 0 voti