Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 follower Segui

Pre-fader signal in DAW with DJM Mixers

Owning a 3000 euro DJM-V10 ...

Why is it nnot possible to select "Pre fader" instead of post fader in the Audio Interface settings so I can monitor that channel from inside my DAW without hearing it twice? Now I can only hear it in my DAW if I put the fader of the mixer up but then it's slightly before the rest the tracks in timing and I need to put the channel in my DAW to off. And I can't put any ableton FX on it like this and send it back to that channel and hear it. Is this a design error? It should be possible to chose if you want it to be pre or post fader/eq for something in this price range. Its double the price of my Xone 96 and with the Xone its prefader! Which has a lot of benefits. 

Maybe in a future update or is it impossible because of the hardware design? In case of no, does anyone have a workaround? Just muting that channel without stopping it to go to my DAW or disabeling it from going to the master output would be great so I dont hear it twice (My DAW output sends master out to CH 1 on the mixer via USB, and I hear the signal from for example CH5 in that master output. but I also hear it from the original CH 5 channel since the fader has to be open ... so ... 

Can I do something with the headphones outputs?+ Why cant I cue  the Mic channels?

ben vanmassenhove

Commento ufficiale

Hey Ben,

The discrete channel inputs are always post-fader; there is no pre-fader input on any Pioneer DJ mixer, sorry.

Here's the trick for you... open rekordbox (even if you don't use it in your performance; I'd put it in Export mode), then configure your V10 as follows:

And Ableton Live with the channels you want to use for Ableton effects:

Be sure the Monitoring is enabled for the IN on each channel.

Each channel on the mixer should be assigned to USB A (or B depending on which connection you use).

Apply effects and have fun.

And sorry, there's no mic cue because it's direct to master.

Pulse
Azioni per commenti Permalink

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

1 commento