Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 follower Segui

cdj3000 Stacked waveforms

Hello I have an issue with the stacked waveform feature flickering on both cdj3000 decks. both decks are latest version 1.06

I'm using a Samsung extreme 2tb sshd formatted in fat 32

98 percent of my house music is wav files,

it has all been analysed in Rekordbox

then my whole music collection has been re exported back onto the external drive.

I plug this into 1 of the CDJ3000 and everything works fine apart from the stacked waveform flickers and rarely works or I cant see it properly at all on both decks!

its not an issue with the ethernet link because I have no problems playing music from 1 deck to the other off the same drive,

if I change the setting to phase meter it work fine on both decks but waveform doesn't and flickers so you cant see it,

please give me a resolution to this as after spending over £4000 for these decks I'm extremely disappointed in this!!

I was running Rekordbox 6.4 at the time of analysing  

martin t

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

19 commenti

I have done some testing, I found some Mp3 files and they work fine.

I have tested WAV and Flac files and they do not work,

to me it looks like there is a bug in the system that need fixing via firmware,

martin t 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

Martin,

Have you tried using a different ethernet cable and linking the two players directly to each-other as a means of troubleshooting?

Pulse 0 voti

Hello Pulse, 

I have tried 3 ethernet cables and the CDJs are directly connected to each other, no switch or mixer etc

Just to let you know I'm an Engineer by trade so I'm pretty good at fault finding,

I have done some extensive testing and I can give you my findings,

If I create a test playlist and add 2 WAV songs, then export this playlist to the same sshd, when I play these songs via the playlist selection on the left hand side menu on both decks it works fine,

if I use the browse option on the left hand menu on the CDJS and play the same 2 WAV songs directly from the folders it flickers and doesn't work properly, if I play an MP3 file using the same folder browse option it works fine,

the folder path is not deep, only 3 layers deep,

there is nothing wrong with analysed data because the single waveforms are fine on these songs,

so the issue is only there when playing Analysed wav files using folder browse and stacked waveforms.

Mp3 files or Wav files with phase meter work fine using folder browse,

in my opinion this is a Bug that needs fixing by your engineers,

feel free to test this yourself to see.

please let me know what will happen moving forward.

many thanks!   

martin t 0 voti

I have just found something else out,

if I go to the search function on any of the CDJs and I search for a WAV song that I know only exists in a folder and no play list it works fine as well,

if I then manually go to the same song and play it from its folder location the stacked wave form flickers again,

this is definitely a bug that needs addressing

martin t 0 voti

any news on this?

has it been tested/escalated?

do I need to create a ticket?

martin t 0 voti

I've already passed this to our engineers for investigation, thanks for your patience.

Pulse 0 voti

Can you confirm that this ONLY happens when browsing by folder, but the same songs, loaded by means of a playlist, do not exhibit the same issue?

Pulse 0 voti

I was able to replicate this on my end as well, I've logged some additional information to the engineers for review.

It really does require that you're browsing through the folders, and those songs are not only located on that drive as source, but also exported. It's a fairly narrow set of conditions, but we'll investigate.

I'm not sure if you also noticed but it seems when you load from the folder the BPM and KEY are also missing, but the waveform appears instantly.

Pulse 0 voti

thanks for the feedback!

yes its definitely a narrow set of conditions but conditions that I'm mainly going to be using, as 90 percent of my music is WAV and I have 27000 tunes on my external drive in different folders.

if you use exactly the same conditions but with MP3 music it works fine, so there should be no reason it shouldn't be able do it with WAV files as these are meant to be officially supported by the CDJ and Rekordbox

please keep me posted on any updates

martin t 0 voti

tbh I didn't notice the other bits as i was more concerned with the stacked waveforms not working properly

martin t 0 voti

if you use the search function and search for a wav song that's only located inside a folder and not located in any playlist, this works fine!

so the hardware can definitely do it,  in my Engineering experience I think this should be fixable with a firmware rewrite 

martin t 0 voti

Hi pulse I have noticed something else with folder browse,

not sure if its normal or a bug, but it is annoying! 

if you load a track via search/track/playlist it automatically switches to the waveform screen, 

but if you load a track via the folder browse on the touchscreen be it mp3 or wav it doesn't and you have to press the hard browse button above the touchscreen to change it to the waveform screen whilst playing.

martin t 0 voti

I noticed that while testing / troubleshooting the earlier item. lol

Pulse 0 voti

Hello Pulse, 

I got an email off pioneer technical in February, saying they have found some issues with this and it would be fixed via a future firmware update,

its been a while now, do you have any updated info on time scale?

martin t 0 voti

Sorry, unless it's posted, we don't have any information available for the public. Thanks for your patience.

Pulse 0 voti

hello pulse, great news they have fixed the flickering stacked waveform when using folder browser and wav files, so I can now finally use this function and I'm now happy,

its not the end of the world but I have some suggestions to improve this further if they are able to implement it in any future updates

it would be nice if when using wav and folder browse,

1) The main waveform screen automatically enables when selecting the song like other ways of playing tracks

2) The Key shows up like other ways of playing tracks

3) The master deck automatically switches decks when mixing like it does when playing other ways of playing tracks

btw I'm not complaining but think these would improve the CDJ3000 a lot,

I'm on a CDJ3000 Facebook group and quite a few of us use the same files and folder browser

martin t 0 voti