Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 follower Segui

Slip roll falling out of sync with DJM-900 NXS2 + CDJ-2000 NXS2

Hey

I have a DJM-900 NXS2 + CDJ 700's at home and slip roll works perfectly on this setup and stays in sync with the track from the CDJ's

I use a local studio who have a bunch of DJM-900 NXS2 + CDJ-2000 NXS2's setup. Using this combination the slip roll falls out of sync after 15-20 seconds or so with the track on the CDJ's. I've tried this on 2 completely different DJM-900 NXS2 + CDJ-2000 NXS2 studios and happened both times. I thought at first maybe the mixer was broken or something but happened again on a completely different set of kit. Is there something different about this combo in how slip roll works or BPM sensitivity maybe? I thought "Auto" would take care of any decimal differences in BPM.

I'm using Auto on the XPAD to sync BPM's. I've played around with Quantize too to see if this impacted anything and seems not, same thing happens each time.

Any idea why this might be?

Paul Cocks

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

3 commenti

I'm using slip roll to grab a 4 bar sample and them bring it in here and there later in the track. But when I do it's so out of time further down the track. In my home setup, works find and stays in time so I can bring the sample on the slip roll in and out where ever.

Paul Cocks 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

Has the DJM 900 NXS2 you have at home the same software version installed as on the other ones where you tried?

Not sure if it can contribute to the problem, but as the XDJ 700s are connected by analog output, are CDJ 2000 NXS2 connected with digital output the DJM?

Markus Marquardt 0 voti

I checked this weekend and both using RCA. I practiced the same thing with the CDJ 3000's last weekend too and same thing. Do you think it might be because of a rounding issue between the BPM on slip roll in the DJM-900 NXS2 and the CDJ 2000/3000's?

Weird that it works fine using DJM-900 NXS2 + CDJ-700 and stays in time for the remainder of the track which is around 2 minutes. 

Paul Cocks 0 voti