Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 follower Segui

DJM900NXS2 directly recording to two devices

Hey all,

i'm planning on using a djm900nxs2 to record an outdoor djset. Since the time for we have access to the location is limited i want to make extra sure theres no second take needed on recording. its not supposed to be streamed, just plain recording - no routing.

Question: is there an option to directly record to two devices simultanously? it doesn't matter if I have to use one or two laptops connected via usb-b, to use the usb-a with the DJM-REC app, the analog rec-out or combinations of these.

As far as my understanding goes the soundcard should be capable of it since there will be only the master out and headphones attached as outputs so there should be enough channels at least. Except two cdjs there will be nothing else attached (no effect devices etc.). Didn't found any information if recording on the DJM is limited to one device or the rec-out will drop out if there is a digital source recording.

Thanks in advance!

fl_wt Con risposta

Commento ufficiale

You could record on 8 outputs simultaneously:

- USB-A (to a computer)
- USB-B (to a computer)
- USB send/return (DJM-REC app)
- REC OUT (RCA)
- MASTER 1 (XLR)
- MASTER 2 (RCA)
- MASTER (digital)
- BOOTH (1/4" TRS)

...but obviously at least one of them has to go out to your speakers or the streaming input. ;)

Pulse
Azioni per commenti Permalink

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

3 commenti

Wow, i'm actually really impressed, expected at least at some point limitations to the number of devices.

Thanks for the fast response aswell, helped me perfectly!

Cheers

fl_wt 0 voti

It wasn't a specific answer on the "how" for any of them, but if you need any other info, just ask. ;)

Cheers!

Pulse 0 voti