Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 follower Segui

Broken DSP board of my DJM 800 mixer

I broke my friends DJM 800 Mixer. The repair shop said the DSP board was broken and that it is the "heart" of the mixer. Apparently a new DSP board would cost 3/4's of the price of a new DJM 800 (€900+)

Is this true?

I do see DSP Boards for this exact model for €150
- https://www.ebay.de/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313&_nkw=DJM+800+dsp&_sacat=0

Would this ebay item be the right choice ?

I guess i could buy it myself and then ask the repair shop to insert this one, right?

Co P Con risposta

Commento ufficiale

It would be up to the service shop to decide if they'll do a repair with user-provided parts, but yes; the DWX2669 is the correct part.

Pulse
Azioni per commenti Permalink

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

5 commenti

Thanks for your response!

Interesting. They did say this piece would cost a lot more than whats listed [€150].

I brought the mixer in to the repair-shop back in October and they've had trouble getting answers from the official Pioneer service center in Germany. Apparently the Pioneer service center here has had issues themselves with stock or their database or Covid related things or something, I can't remember exactly.

1. Might there be any reason the repairshop wouldn't want to repair with user provided parts? Other than them preferring to buy it themselves and charge me extra for it. Could there be some technical reasons why?

2. Would this item on ebay be the exact same kind of DSP board they would buy themselves?

3. There are two options on ebay for a DSP board. How can i know which is the right one for my mixer?

A. DWX2669 DSP board spare part DJM 800 Sparepart ASSY Board PCB
- https://www.ebay.de/itm/Pioneer-DWX2669-DSP-Platine-Ersatzteil-DJM-800-Sparepart-ASSY-Board-PCB/174233882788?epid=2315255431&hash=item28912610a4:g:qZIAAOSwmgBef5vt

B.  DWX2669- / J Mainboard DSP for DJM 800 mixer
- https://www.ebay.de/itm/Pioneer-DWX2669-J-Mainboard-DSP-fur-DJM-800-Mischpult-TOP-1/373516465489?hash=item56f750f551:g:KbMAAOSw3axeZLF1

Co P 0 voti

It could be there was a delay due to COVID; it's affected our global distribution, and the parts for some models were delayed further due to a fire at our warehouse in Malaysia.

1. They might not want to use them as they could be used or faulty; a non-guaranteed functional product. If they got it new from the parts supplier and it's not working, then they get another and make sure it's working, but from the customer, it's a bit hairy because then the customer could claim that the shop was at fault for breaking it.

2. With the exception that the ones on eBay are probably used, yeah - they would likely be the same.

3. DWX2669 is the updated model number; the old part is DWX2534 but there was a change to the design or components.

Both of those boards appear to be the same.

Pulse 0 voti

I see. Thank you!

3. So a DWX2669 is the updated model number and the old part is the DWX2534. Does that mean both will work with my mixer? Or I need to check when my mixer was made and what DSP model number it had when produced?

I asked the repair shop and they said they would be willing to repair it if I buy a DSP board. Time-wise he wasn't sure how long it could take in the event that he finds additional things to be broken.

4. Is that common when a DSP board is broken? or when a breakage occurs in following way..... :

I was repairing a fader on my Pioneer DJM-800 mixer. I disconnected the mixer from the power source, then unscrewed the top plate, unscrewed the fader mechanism and unplugged it from the motherboard slot. I plugged the fader mechanism back in and switched the mixer on without putting the top plate back on.

Some Google search results suggest that the mixer's fuse may have blown because I didn't put the cover back on and accidentally touched the inner parts of the mixer while it was connected to power.

Co P 0 voti

The new one is backwards-compatible with the old one.

It's not common that it fails, but it can happen, especially if you short it out by attempting your own repairs. ;)

Pulse 0 voti