Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

投稿

3フォロワー フォローする

XDJ-RX, PLX-1000 and control vinyl

is it possible to work the xdj rx as a controller for a turntable (like pioneer's plx-1000) with timecode/control vinyl?

also your US shop quotes that "The rekordbox Control Vinyl works hand-in-hand with rekordbox dj ", and the xdj rx i rekordbox dj capable.

Thanks,

M

Maria K

正式なコメント

The XDJ-RX does not support DVS capability, sorry.

Yes, the vinyl timecode works hand-in-hand with rekordbox dj, but you need to use a compatible device.

Pulse
コメントアクション Permalink

サインインしてコメントを残してください。

11件のコメント

Such a great question. I have the DVS license and have tried to connect the XDJ-RX via Windows with timecodes, but (for now at least) the Windows ASIO driver doesn't seem to allow for the CH1 and CH2 inputs to be selected and used with DVS.(Anyone tried with a Mac yet?) Even though it's not officially DVS supported like some of the DDJ-S/R series controllers, in theory it should still work with DVS, as some other non-supported DVS interfaces/mixers do work with Rekordbox DVS (Akai AMX, SL2/3/4, DJM-S9, Traktor Z2 etc) . I'm hopeful that a future update of the XDJ-RX driver/firmware will support Rekordbox DVS, but for now, we wait...

Juwan Hayward 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Thanks both for the quick answer. So in short, I need to purchase a new mixer. I have gotten used to Rekordbox, and I organized my entire library, i would really like to avoid switching to a new software. Also, I have a DVS licesnse. Investing in another pioneer official compatible unit is too expensive.

@Pulse, will the XDJ RX be able to support DVS in the future with a firmware update?

@Juwan help me out mate, what do you suggest is the cheapest DVS interface or mixer to work with Rekordbox DVS, not on the compatible units list, but known to work?

Great week to you both!
M

Maria K 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Hi again Maria,

I don't think that Pioneer will OFFICIALLY announce any future plans until they are close to release. I'm still holding out hope however, as something as the DDJ-RR already supports Rekordbox DVS, why couldn't our all-in-one XDJ-RX???

However, let's not forget that the XDJ-RX includes a standalone mixer, so purely from an analog perspective, an external DVS unit (eg. SL3) connected to the standalone mixer of the XDJ-RX would allow you to mix, and also use the built-in effects! Not sure if Pioneer will ever release something like an SL3 though, we'd have to wait and see on that as well......

Obviously the SL3 in this scenario is meant to be used with Serato, but what if it did just so happen to work with Rekordbox DVS? It's not only a win for us DJs, but also a win for Pioneer as more DJs could switch to using a better DJ application, in my opinion of course! :-) 

Please take a look at several YouTube videos regarding mixers/interfaces known to work with RekordBox DVS ;-)

Of course Pioneer would want DJs to purchase their software AND hardware, which is what we've already done when it comes to the XDJ-RX. Perhaps it's only a matter of time that it will be updated to support DVS, just as it was eventually updated to be a natively supported Rekordbox DJ midi controller, and not just an all-in-one standalone Rekordbox media player with mixer. Fingers and toes crossed!

A great week to you also!

Juwan Hayward 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Hey mate, you know what could also work? The reloop RP-8000 ? It can talk to any midi compatible DJ software directly withouth needing an additional controller, standalone dv unit, or mixer compatible to RB's DVS. It is mapped to Serato scratch which I have no clue about, but , there should be no reason it couldn't be mapped to rekordbox DVS, no? What do you think? I am trying to get technical in a domain which is so far from my reach ;)

Maria K 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

It may be possible to get the RP-8000 working with Rekordbox DVS, and if I were you I'd try it with the demo software, but please remember that the whole point of the original post was to get DVS working with XDJ-RX. 

Who knows, maybe an XDJ-RX2 etc., is on the way to support DVS... Good luck folks!

Juwan Hayward 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

@Juwan, I saw another post where you got the xdj rx to work as the main midi controller for RB DVS by aggregating USB soundcards inputs? Do you mind sharing how and your mappings? Let me know! Good day to you!

Maria K 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Hi again! @Maria,

I don't mind sharing at all, it's not really a mapping, but the ASIO4ALL setting just has to include the outputs from the XDJ-RX as well as the inputs from your soundcard. I assume you are using a Windows machine like me as well. I'm using a Dell Latitude with Windows 10. What kind of soundcard are you using? I can send you a pic of my settings when I get home.

I had mixed results with a couple USB soundcards, but I was able to get it working with a higher quality card. I'm not sure what the technical requirements are eg. 44.1KHz, 48KHz, 96KHz etc. It definitely needs to be a stereo card though, and 2 stereo inputs are required if you plan on using 2 turntables. For myself, I only use a single turntable with instant doubles when I mix, so a single stereo input was good enough for me.

Juwan Hayward 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Hey!

I am stil in the research phase, before investing in hardware what is incompatible with my mac, the xdj rx, and rekordbox.... I have seen on forums users set up DVS with less than 5USD USB stereo sound cards... but  I was thinking of getting a MIXVIBES u-mix 44 for an exmaple, a 4 input 4 output audio interface, with groun, so I can ground the turntables to the sound card, and the XDJ RX, if that is relevant? I am also worried about latency, if I get a cheap stereo USB stick like looking sound card. But then I was getting very confused, if a soundcard with phono preamps is necessary, since the PLC-1000 doe no have a built in phono preamp? (nor any other turntable I know of). What UBS sound card are you using?

I use a MAC, which has a built in utility AUDIO MIDI SETUP, like the ASIO4ALL for PC. The settings will have to be the same of course.

For your tech requirements, forums discuss reducing the buffer to 256 samples and using 44.1KHz sample rate after combining the soundcards for optimal latency.

So many questions then... what is the best low budget USB sound card(s), must they have built in phono preamps? How does the wiring exactly work? (Tunrtables to sound card input. Soun card outp to XDJ RX, USB soundcard to USB computer. and XDJ RX USB to computer? And settings in ASIO4ALL/AUDIO MIDI SETUP UTILITY to inlcude XDJ outputs and soundcard inputs.

Thanks!!!

Maria K 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Correct, the Mac already has a built-in Audio MIDI Setup utility, similar to ASIO4ALL...

The MixVibes soundcard should work perfectly fine for this scenario.

I initially tested my configuration with an Akai AMX (SeratoDJ) as my soundcard, and I also managed to get it working with my stereo input on my Dell, without the AMX, and created an aggregate sound device with the XDJ-RX. Have you tried to aggregate your built-in audio input on the Mac with the outputs on the XDJ-RX?

I THINK but I'm not sure if the computer can serve as a sufficient phono pre-amp for the PLX-1000. I will need to test this.

The AMX device has a Line/Phono switch, but my PLX-500 turntable also has a built-in pre-amp so an external pre-amp is not required.

Thanks for the advice regarding the sample rate and buffer size!

My main question to you is have you already purchased the XDJ-RX and/or PLX-1000? If not, and you only plan to DJ with Rekordbox DJ/DVS and a laptop, have you considered other options like the Pioneer DDJ-RR or RX, which already natively support Rekordbox DVS, plus a PLX-1000? That way you wouldn't need to experiment with other sound cards. I feel that the simplest configuration is usually the best, especially when setting up for a live performance.

I agree that having the ability to play off of USB sticks/drives in the XDJ-RX as a backup in case the laptop fails is a great option, but there are other backup options as well, such as using an iPad, iPhone, etc.

However, if you already have the XDJ-RX and cannot part with it, then the MixxVibes soundcard plus PLX-1000 should work just fine, and I can still help with the setup of your Audio MIDI utilty if required. Here is my direct email because I don't think that I can post images/screenshots here: juwansome@gmail.com

Juwan Hayward 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Thanks soooo much!

Yeah I already have an xdj rx, and I love it. As a standalone unit especially. And I am quite keen on the midi compatibility with rekorbox dj in performance mode. In short, I would find it hard to part with my rx! And without having to purchase a new controller or mixer, I am trying to figure out a lower budget way to use the rx with timecodes.

Also I spent a very long time organizing my library and playlists and so much more in rekordbox,  that the thought of migrating to another software just so that I can use timecontrol vinyl makes me cringe.

The official reason from pulse from another forum  as to why the XDJ RX does not natively support DVS is "due to the limitation of the audio interface not providing discrete inputs"... so it got me thinking... why not add an audio interface with discrete inputs and rewire a bit... like a wiring 2 turntables into a 4 input 4 output audio interface itself wired out to the xdjrx, the audio interface my computer, and the xdj rx via ubs to rekordbox dvs...And the tech incapable I am, I barely manage to plug the a/c cord in, let alone rewire everything properly, aggregate sounds in some midi utility, and setup the xdj rx so I can mix timecode vinyl with all those wonderful built in effects it already has!

Thanks for the email, I will send you an email as soon as some orders come through!

Great evening to you!
Maria

Maria K 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink