Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

投稿

9フォロワー フォローする

Using Google Drive to access database across multiple computers

Hi

I think/hope this is possible...

I currently have a laptop and a desktop that both run Rekordbox. I also have all of my music files stored on my Google Drive.

Is there a way that I can get Rekordbox, on both computers, to save the Rekordbox database file on Google Drive and then get both computers to point to it - so that any music changes done on my laptop are reflected on my desktop (and vice versa)?

I've watched the helpful video (HERE) that talks through migrating your database, but this is based on it being done to an external drive/source - but both my computers consider Google Drive as internal C Drive source, so ultimately it won't work.

All help appreciated!

Thanks

Matt

Matt Rouse 回答済み

正式なコメント

It certainly is possible, as I've done it with Dropbox and the instructions would be fairly similar. If you'd like, I can email you at the address you've used to register at the forums, but would need you to acknowledge and allow me to do so first.

Pulse
コメントアクション Permalink

サインインしてコメントを残してください。

12件のコメント

Hi Matt,

This is not possible.

Your best bet is to use something like Resilio Sync, which enables you to automatically sync files between computers and manually set where each folder should sync to.

In this case, you'd sync your rekordbox data folder on computer A, with the one on computer B. However, your music paths would have to be the same.

Blueshift 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Hi Pulse

Yes, please email me directly and I will give it a go.

Thanks!

Matt Rouse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Hi, Pulse i need it to. Please say, how i can do this?

DJ Alex Zander 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Hi Pulse

Any news on this? I haven't had an email come through yet...

Thanks ever so

Matt Rouse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

can you email me the directions for dropbox

Djrodflash 1 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Hello as well!

I would also like instructions on how to get this working with Drive.  Maybe someone can make it a sticky?

Thanks much,
Phil

Phil Mease 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Hi Pulse, please can you email me the guide? Many thanks!

Jack Waltham 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Is it possible to get this guide please? would love to get a sync going between my windows workstation and my Mac DJ laptop!

Craig Law 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Hi Pulse, are these instructions still valid for v5.4.3? I just tried it, and no matter what I do, I get an error when I load up RB that the database can't be found. Any other suggestions to try? I am on Windows.

Andrew Langsdon 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

@Andrew > They are as far as my testing goes on Mac with Dropbox; your mileage may vary when it comes to Windows and other cloud systems.

Did you edit the paths per the instructions?

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink