Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

投稿

6フォロワー フォローする

Rekordbox tempo changing itself

HI all, i'm having a problem with the tempo changing on its own, please see the video here: 

https://youtu.be/XiMUOuvDr2c

I Have a DDJ-SZ and i am not touching the Tempo sliders at all during this video. I could understand this if playing a disco track with live instrumentation but surely this shouldn't happen with a syncopated house track?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Tobie Craddock

サインインしてコメントを残してください。

19件のコメント

Did you possibly analyse that track in DYNAMIC mode?

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Hi Pulse, thanks for responding. Yes it was set to dynamic mode although i don't ever recall doing that! So i guess its just a case of analysing tracks again in normal mode now. Just out of curiosity what would be the purpose of a dynamic analysis if it shifts the tempo in such a way whilst playing?

Thanks again!

Tobie Craddock 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

@Tobie > The difference is that Dynamic mode analyses the track for a constant change in tempo, and applies a dynamically spaced beatgrid to the audio, which allows songs with wandering tempos to be synced with tracks which have a consistent / perfect tempo. I recommend using Normal analysis mode for anything with an electronic percussion, and Dynamic for songs with live drummers.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Ah, very interesting! Thanks very much, that will come in extremely handy!

Tobie Craddock 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Indeed -- so the reason you see the tempo changing in the software is it thinks that portion of the audio is at a different speed, so it's adjusting it to keep in sync with the other track. It's better to use a dynamic analysis instead of normal analysis and having to manually edit the grid every beat or two.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Excellent, makes perfect sense now. Thanks again!

Tobie Craddock 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Hey guys came on here to find out why the bpm Keep changing and found this. I did analyze in dynamic, question is do I have to reanalyze the whole library not in dynamic mode or can I just go into settings and uncheck dynamic

Kevin Dedrick 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

@Kevin > If you've analysed the whole library in DYNAMIC mode, then my suggestion is to sort through and find the tracks which have an electronic percussion / consistent tempo, and re-analyse them using NORMAL mode.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Hi how do you select dynamic mode ? I’m having the same problems where the track temp changes on the display and it’s very hard to know what the actual pitch/temp is for mixing ??

Regards

David Phillips 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Thanks for your explaining. Somehow i still have the bpm changing when using the timecode :( ! I did all the analysis on normall as shown above. 
What am i doing wrong? 
Pls help. 

Nick Tjoelker 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

I would recommend you verify those songs were actually analysed in NORMAL mode because that doesn't happen with a consistent grid. Open the song in rekordbox and go to those points where the tempo changes; I can almost guarantee you that you'll see the same numbers appearing on-screen there as you do on the XDJ.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Thanks for your reply.. and yes your right, it's the tunes them selfs that are moving BPM!!! Is there anything i can do about that? is there a way of analyzing them to correct their BPM at all?

https://youtu.be/5q6gZL7N1ks

Dave George 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Dave,

You can check the preferences to ensure the analysis mode is set to NORMAL, then right-click and re-analyse the song. Next, go through the track again to the same position to see if the BPM remains consistent or changes unexpectedly, and verify the position of the beat grid markers.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

I'm set to normal already as standard.. so analyzing it again will have the same effect i think.. i have already double-check that its all set up as normal not dynamic.

Dave George 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

No harm in re-analysing it and then manually verify the grid position.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Right just tried it and it worked!! The only other difference was i changed the

BMP range from 70-180 to 128-255. Do you think it could be that, or do you think i just needed to re-analyze it? And will that mean i have to re-analyze my collection? Thanks for your help by the way.

Dave George 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

The range typically makes it easier for rekordbox to correctly analyse songs in that range. For example, if scanning hip hop or drum & bass, you want to pick the range that best represents those songs so you don't end up with 1/2 or 2x BPMs.

As for whether the other songs in your collection need that to be done as well, depends entirely on whether you've found others which need it! I would personally recommend you use a MyTag to mark the songs which you have re-scanned and know to be accurate so you can then easily identify other songs which may need to be re-scanned later.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink