Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

投稿

6フォロワー フォローする

Search Function Rekordbox DJ

Hey Guys,

I know this question has been asked before, but i'm only asking it again as to me it makes sense to have the search function in the explorer window.

I'm a mobile dj and do various functions ranging from Greek, Aussie, Spanish, Rock etc. and i have all my music in different folders to make my life easier. I.e. rnb, house, hip hop, salsa, tsiftetelia, sirta ( for greek ). Having a separate playlist for every single genre and type is getting a bit out of control and would be really really nice to see the search box implemented in the explorer window.

Is it possible to seriously consider this as i can see more and more people are asking for this. I've been using Pioneer equipment from the get go ( 16 years ago ) and don't plan on changing from it as it just works. The software is great and is solid which is why i'm using it. Having this function would just make the software that bit sweeter than what it already is.

Happy to hear any feedback.

Chris T 回答済み

正式なコメント

It has been on the list for some time, I don't have a timeline for implementation but I know they've been working to add it.

Pulse
コメントアクション Permalink

ログインしてコメントを残してください。

12件のコメント

I understand your desire to keep an organized folder structure on your hard drive and browse it that way (which is very much a Traktor / VDJ-style of browsing your music). 

The search function works within the collection; these are the songs that have been imported to rekordbox. It's not designed to search every file on your hard drive, only what's within its database.

My recommendation is rather than trying to stick with an outdated and less functional method of organizing / browsing / finding your music, that you embrace some of the features rekordbox has to offer, such as My Tag. If you already have your music tagged with the genre, you could include additional tags for more specific purposes then use the filters to narrow down your collection before you search. You don't need to create separate playlists for each style of music, or for each folder, simply having a well-tagged collection will allow for much easier navigation of your music.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Chris T  All My Friends Have The Same Problem , They Need The Search Box in every Folder and not only In The Collection. +1 For You!

Peppe 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

I'm with Pulse on this one.. Search functions should be limited to the collection, to ensure optimal speed.

Tord Forland 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Thanks for the reply Pulse. It's much appreciated. It's just that when you have a collection of 50,000 songs plus ( it's much more than that btw), it doesn't make it easy when you have to go through every single song to tag and add additional info. I'd love to say that all I do is dj, I don't. I also have a full time job so finding the time to go through every single song isn't easy. Which is why I have the folders and I can just copy the songs to the folder and off I go. But a simple search box to search the folder that you're currently in and not the whole drive would be a nice addition.

I understand the need to keep it simple and ensure optimal speed of the software ( I work in IT so I get the need for realiability and simplicity ). But also being able to cater for various Dj's ways of working, and not just forcing ( there's probably a better word to use than this) them on a specific way of doing things, would also be nice.

I'll look into the tagging options for my purposes, but if the developers could also look at this as a future update, especially with how many Dj's would like to see this, that would be great.

Chris T 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

While I'm at it, I have a question in regards to using the My Tag option. Can you select multiple songs and add the same Tag to it in one go? Or can you only do one at a time? Selecting multiple would be nice and make things much more easier. I'm not at home to test this which is why I'm asking this question before I try. And because I have a backup computer, could these tags be transferred across, or would I have to do them again on the backup computer?

Chris T 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

@Chris > If you have already imported the song to rekordbox, which you should have in order to analyse and beat-grid the tracks, searching in the collection does the same thing, and once it's been added, you can still browse the folders the old way, but keyword searching would take place within the collection. I'm not sure if you guys have tried this, but it works quite well.

Yes, you can select multiple songs and smash them all with the same tag all at once. I recently posted instructions to another user on who sorted his songs into folders by genre. I suggested he select his entire folder, then add tags for all tracks within that folder at once to save time,

If you're using a backup computer, I recommend using an external hard drive for your music and database (or simply making a backup and restoring it on the other computer regularly).

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

tengo el mismo problema y es que no entiendo que salvando las diferencias entre todos los soft para dj que existen en el mercado todos salvo rekordbox sben que poder buscar por carpetas es algo invaluable para un dj movil, es totalmente engorroso y con un contrasentido total tener que salir de pantalla completa para tener que realizar este tipo de busqueda vía finder o explorardor de windows porque el soft no lo incorpora, creo que en vez de justificar el por que han decidido obviar una herramienta tan necesaria para tantos, se debería optar por intentar dar una respuesta a nuestras necesidades no olviden que los usuarios finales y clientes somos nosotros por lo menos deberían tener en cuenta que somos muchos los que basamos en este tipo de elementos nuestro flujo de trabajo.

pablo mendez 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

@pablo > If all of your music is already in the rekordbox collection, why do you need to search your folders? Searching your collection will yield the same results.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

I don't understand why I have to go from the folder I'm already in and playing, in to library to search a song from the folder I'm already in..... It is time expensive and anoing @the same time.... This "disability" of the software becose of the politics, makes the work we do mor hard, cose we lose time by being forced to use the library every time, or to do a mirror of the hard drive in the playlist section.... This makes the work we do on the fly more hard and asks for more time spending before the event, preparing.... I don't understand why do u foce us to go back to Traktor, or something else, when Rekordbox is such a awesome software....

Ciobanu Aurelian 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

At this time rekordbox does not feature a function to search within the explorer, only songs already contained within the library. Sorry!

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

The for the quick replay! Will this function come in the future, or we will never have it?

Ciobanu Aurelian 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink