Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

投稿

5フォロワー フォローする

XDJ-RX2 Rekordbox button VS MIDI button

What is the difference between the REKORDBOX and MIDI buttons on the RX2? I tried Rekordbox button and it "showed" my audio files, but wouldn't access them. I wonder if that's because they are lossless and the RX2 doesn't support them. However, I tried MIDI and it was able to load and play lossless audio files. I am just confused why there are both modes and when you would use one over the other.

Mike Sinclair 回答済み

正式なコメント

The rekordbox button is to link the XDJ-RX2 to rekordbox in EXPORT mode, effectively using your computer's library as a USB device - all the work is being done by the RX2 itself.

The MIDI button is to use your XDJ-RX2 as a controller and audio interface for rekordbox in PERFORMANCE mode. In this mode, the software is doing all the work - and this would allow you to use the RX2 as a controller to playback audio files not supported by the hardware (eg. FLAC), as well as videos.

Pulse
コメントアクション Permalink

サインインしてコメントを残してください。

11件のコメント

Ahh... gotcha. Thanks for the quick reply. I just got my RX2 and I'm working on a backup plan just in case I get the dreaded "file error" message. We talked about that before and you said that's usually an issue with the USB media. I took your advice and bought Corsair Flash Voyager GTX sticks. Hopefully, there won't be any issues, but if there are, and correct me if I'm wrong, switching from USB to MIDI mode should be a viable backup plan, right? I mean, if the unit quits communicating with a USB stick, that shouldn't affect the MIDI... or am I incorrect in that assumption? Thanks Pulse. Appreciate your help.

Mike Sinclair 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Correct - the two modes operate independently of each-other, so you have the ability to use half the unit as stand-alone with USB and half as a controller (or linked to export mode).

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Perfect, thanks and they are heavy drives. I like that. They are BEEFY ... haha

Mike Sinclair 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

I looked into these thumb drives.   The ones that I have seen says that they are 3.0

Is there a noticable difference in speed with using these in the XDJ RX2 or CDJ 2000 Nexus 2?

Danny Gee 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

@Danny > Only a little bit on the players - where they are of advantage is less potential for "wait" as the memory manager is very good at being able to multitask, so if you're already asking it to stream data from an audio file to a deck, having another deck do a search will be fast.

The best advantage to a speedy USB3 drive is the export speeds from rekordbox.

@Mike > Thanks for the kind words!

5 or 10 years ago, maybe, but the hardware processing used to decode any encoded files now is so minimal that there's really no difference in either file. Many people will tell you they can hear the difference in a 320k MP3 vs. a 24bit/96kHz WAV, but unless you're playing on a million-dollar-plus sound system, I sincerely doubt it.

Go with whatever format offers the balance you desire in terms of tagging / metadata, space consumption, and audio quality.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

I think This has cleared up the issue I've got with the rx2 rekordbox function showing up with nothing when the software is set to performance mode. I've literally just opened the box to my rx2's 2 hours ago and it's a head ache so far. Im moving over from traktor.

Glenn Scott 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Yeah tend to agree. Traktor seems more polished in comparison.  I should have done my homework.no flac support is awful. Regretting getting pulled into pioneer ecosystem!

Chris Hotton 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

@Chris > As I noted, it technically does support FLAC, when used as a controller for rekordbox dj in performance mode.

@Mike > Appreciate it!

You could convert the lossless to AAC, that's easy enough and there's plenty of metadata available in AAC. I've typically used Handbrake to convert audio (and video) files, but there are plenty of applications around to do just that, even in bulk.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink