Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

投稿

5フォロワー フォローする

Toraiz SP-16 & DJS-1000 (Make It Up To Us WishList !)

On The Toraiz SP-16...........................................

Mute function like the DJS-1000

Live Sampling

2 EFX Per Track

More EFX Especially Reverb EFX Option On Tracks

Automation

Fix Scene Change Cutoff When Switching Scenes

Name Of Track Loaded

Time Counter On Arranger

Delete Samples Directly From Unit

On The DJS-1000.........................................

Arranger

64 Second Sampling

2 EFX Per Track

More EFX Especially Reverb EFX Option On Tracks

Automation

Fix Scene Change Cutoff When Switching Scenes

Most of these were already in the wishlist but these are the most urgent functions needed.

Jova

ログインしてコメントを残してください。

8件のコメント

Please give the more expensive and much longer around being SP 16 better (live-) features than the DJS 1000 otherwise it's a commercial suicide for your reputation saying "you're collecting all the wishes for the big next SP 16 update". And fix the MIDI input track bug.

Think about that a last time, Pioneer, and release a PROPER 1.40 OS. Otherwise call it OS 1.32. Thank you.

Paul Raal 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Appreciate the suggestions, the engineers will see these..

Jay 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

@Paul > Can I ask, does it really matter what it's called?

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

basically the sp16 firmware 1.40 promised for a very long time,  is instead on  the djs1000.  The next firmware update I would like to have on my toraiz, is a djs1000.

frncsc 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

@Pulse. Why the name matters? Sure. See this message:

"*Please note, this is a minor update and bug-fix only. We’re working hard on bringing exciting new features to the TORAIZ SP-16 via a separate firmware update as promised, which we plan to release in late 2017. In the meantime, we hope you’ll find the bug fixes in the 1.31 update beneficial."

https://www.pioneerdj.com/en/news/2017/toraiz-sp-16-firmware-update-ver-131/

Exciting new features? Some minor bug fixes and copy and paste and 64 sec sample, that's it. This would be a 1.33 or 1.34., if you call it 1.40 after collecting all the suggestions and wishes over a year, you destroy all hope that a major update is still on the way. People have a good feeling nowdays when they get pulled over the table or fooled with wrong expectations. Because after all, these features of 1.40 could have been release after 3 months, not after nearly a year since the last major update.

Akai did similar mistakes by renaming the MPC 3500 in the last second before it's release MPC 5000. It had many features in a box, like a VA synth, but the older MPC 4000 was/is still superior in terms of pure MPC features. Still, the MPC 5000 was VERY expensive and it was hard to justify to price. So they wanted a better seeling name as "flagship". If the MPC 5000 would have been called MPC 3500, in all honesty, much of the rant would have been not justified, as most of it was by comparison to the MPC 4000. Then - because of much criticism in press and by famous users - they updated the very basic OS 1 to a better featured OS 2 after collecting wishes and complaints over 1 or 2 years, but forgot the main issue: sloppy timing when using layered drums. The main reason to buy a hardware MPC was, that a MPC was so tight compared to software... but not so with the MPC 5000. All in all, the MPC 5000 went down as one of Akai's biggest failures and they soon switched to computer hybrids with the likes of MPC Renaissance. They learned of their mistakes and now the MPC X, the first standalone MPC after nearly 10 years, gets many updates and improvements step by step.

Now Pioneer seems doing similar mistakes by trying to "name" the damage well. Live features, listening to users and constant updates of features are very necessary today when you buy an expensive standalone hardware unit that claims to be a center of your set up. But instead, Pioneer switches all it's focus to the DJs 1000 and drops the developement of new features in favour of the DJs 1000. A machine that is almost the same as the SP16 and that has been annonunced only a year after the release of the SP16. Ignoring, that they first promised an exciting future for the "MPC Killer" SP 16.

Paul Raal 1 票
コメントアクション Permalink

@Paul > "Exciting new features" is marketing-speak. Have you ever seen a commercial for a Ford car or truck? I guarantee you they use words like "sleek," "impressive," or "amazing" to describe their vehicles, but I wouldn't.

I promise you that the SP-16 is still very much a relevant product in the Pioneer DJ line as it offers features unique to that model which the DJS-1000 does not have.

There will be additional updates provided, and it doesn't really matter what the update version numbering is called... it's just a number.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

I guess the big question is not whether or not pioneer is fixing the Toraiz cause we already know that they are,theyve been saying it for over a year now.THE BIG QUESTION IS WHEN! When will it be fixed because by the time they get it right most people probably wont have it anymore,the Toraiz is getting old and now with the DJS people would probably not buy it,unless they pull another trick out their sleeves and add even more to the Toraiz than the DJS and freezing updates on the DJS so it would make the Toraiz look a little better.

Jova 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink