Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

投稿

3フォロワー フォローする

Gap of silence in exported AIFF

This is a new one, playing as usual from my exported USB drive and all of a sudden there's no sound. The waveform on the player, a 900 NXS, was visible and scrolling but not a bleep coming out to the mixer. Quickly threw in the next song from the other CDJ and thought it was a fluke. Next night same thing happens to same song but on a different machine, original 2000. 

At home I copied the file from my USB to my computer and discovered that the exported file has a 42 second gap of silence in it. Since both players showed correct information and waveform for the song I don't think Rekordbox is the culprit here, my guess is that the computers OS, High Sierra, has failed to copy the file properly to the USB.

I will save the file for  a while if Pioneer wants to probe it, just let me know!

The Henrik Maneuver 回答済み

正式なコメント

I know our engineers are working on this, and if you haven't checked out the beta, I'll point you to give that a whirl fist. If it still does the same thing with the beta, please file an inquiry ticket here to give our rekordbox team an opportunity to gather additional information to troubleshoot this further. Thanks!

Pulse
コメントアクション Permalink

サインインしてコメントを残してください。

12件のコメント

Forgot to mention how to fix the problem. Just delete the file form the USB and re-export from Rekordbox.

The Henrik Maneuver 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Interesting. I recall there was a guy experienced the same for about 80% of his tracks. The gaps in the track were smaller but he said it as well that when listening on the PC all were good - but either in rekordbox or the exported drive it had the silence in the file.

Do you recall if this if this file had been analysed lately or exported with a specific rekordbox Version? Maybe you got more files on your USB having this issue.

Frank Richter 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

I quickly went through my latest 20 tracks on both my sticks, and yes, there were one more with silence and one with 20 second static. Quite alarming. They all are mid november or later so Rb 5.03 could actually be the bad guy here.

Will downgrade asap and do two fresh exports and hopefully I will have no more issues.

My issue is quite different than the post you linked to. His issue is within Rb DJ, mine on the actual exported files.

The Henrik Maneuver 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

So I quickly skipped through my whole library on one of my sticks, sporting a very slimmed collection so it only took me two hours, and couldn't find more broken files. Will do the same to my other stick soon but to keep my sanity it has to wait a bit.

* All broken files could have been on the same stick, not 100% sure of one of the songs. This is one possible source of the problem.

* All broken files were exported after 2017-11-17

* Updated to High Sierra on 2017-12-07, one broken file was exported before and two after so that should not be the problem

* According to Rekordbox changelogs version 5.0.2 was introduced in the end of October so I'm reverting to 5.0.1.

The Henrik Maneuver 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

@Pulse > Sorry, I’m working proffesionally as a DJ and can’t risk doing betatesting. Can you please tell me when this bug was first introduced so I can revert to a safe version?

The Henrik Maneuver 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

I didn't suggest you run it at a gig (in fact we advise against it). You are able to install the beta alongside the full release version.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Ok, but first I need to know which version of RB that is safe so that I can rely on that my exported files are not corrupted.

The Henrik Maneuver 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

As I said, give the beta a test - it won't damage your database. If the issue still occurs in the beta, then it's clearly still a problem our team needs to address.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

As I said, I need to know when this bug was introduced before I endeavour in any kind of beta testing. You wrote "I know our engineers are working on this" in a previous comment which, to me, indicates that Pioneer is fully aware of this problem. Then there should also be an indicator to when this bug first appeared so once again, please let me know what version is safe for exporting files. If this is not the place to disclose this kind of information, please e-mail me privately at mail@henrikmaneuver.com

The Henrik Maneuver 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

When I said that, I meant they're aware of the complaint and are investigating - it doesn't mean they currently have a cause or a fix.

Knowing if you experience this issue in a beta will help us understand if the cause is the particular version of the software.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink