Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

投稿

10フォロワー フォローする

moving everything to the cloud (dropbox)

hi guys

I'm looking to move everything to the cloud including my itunes library and rekordbox database and have them sync over multiple computers

all my files are currently stored on an external drive:

volumes/HD/iTunes 

my rekordbox libary knows all my files on that path, however i want to move everything to:

users/dropbox/iTunes

is there anyway of changing the path rekordbox doesn't go into meltdown and start looking for missing files once i've uploaded my iTunes libary to dropbox?

hope i've explained this correctly!

Cheers

Rob

Rob Pix 回答済み

正式なコメント

Hey guys!

After much delay and anticipation, I have posted my beta instructions here. Please be sure to read the warning at the top. Any questions, please post to a new topic and I'll be happy to answer you individually.

Pulse
コメントアクション Permalink

投稿コメントは受け付けていません。

20件のコメント

It's not officially supported but I have created instructions on how to achieve this - it's more complex than simply moving your music files. If you're interested, I'll email them to you at the address you've used to register your account on the forums, but I'll need you to reply to confirm I can email you first.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Would really like to take a look at these instructions too if possible.

George d'Adhemar 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Hello Pulse,

I have a Synology NAS device here and would like to have both my Mac Pro and my Macbook able to "manage or edit" a shared rekordbox DB.  I feel like a NAS "drive" would work, but unfortunately on the Mac Rekordbox seems to be too smart to see a NAS volume as an "external drive".

Perhaps your document discusses this? 

Also, database locking? I presume that's solely my responsibility such that I never have the DB open on both units at once?

Also, how does this potentially play into Pro DJ Link?  If the laptop is the pro DJ link for the CDJ2000NXS2s and DJM900NXS2 and both the laptop and the desktop can get to the same files on the filesystem via the same path (/Volumes/Music for example) and both laptops have a /Volumes/Rekordbox wherein the database is stored, it seems like this could work?

Please advise!

Miranda Shutt 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Could I too get instructions as to how to do this. I store all my music files in dropbox but then import them into RB but I have a second laptop I would like to access the tracks from and edit beatgrids etc

Thanks 

PaulM72 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

further to this with Traktor the metadata carries through from the dropbox source so you can prep your files on one computer and they immediately update and load the cues / beat grid etc on the other computer. 

love to get this working the same in RB

PaulM72 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Will send out instructions to those who have requested it (if I haven't already).

@Miranda > We don't recommend using network drives or non-local paths for use with rekordbox.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

@Pulse > Well you should!  I think it's working (ish?) with symlinks to the /Volumes/$SHARENAME but I have some some tomfoolery with the preview/analysis.. but then again that tomfoolery may be because the file location changed too.... It seems to work after a re-analysis...

It's just that without a lock file of some sort, it seems that without discipline one might totally corrupt the database with concurrent writes.

Miranda Shutt 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Hey Pulse, not sure if instructions have been sent out, but I did not see anything yet. Please could you resend when you have a moment. Many thanks. 

George d'Adhemar 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Hi Pulse. I'd be grateful if you could email those instructions to me as well. Cheers.

Andrew Heathcote 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Hi Pulse please can you also send me the guide? Many thanks

Jack Waltham 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

And how are people getting on with the method described in Pulse's instructions? OK or are there any issues arising?

J L 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

I requested the instructions in May but haven't received them. So can't help you there unfortunately.

Andrew Heathcote 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Same. Requested in April and didn't see anything. Would love to know if this is working for anyone or if folks found other ways to make this work.

Also has anyone tried Rekordbuddy and does it offer this functionality. Or is it just a way to sync between Serato, Trakor and Rekordbox on one computer? Hard to tell as there is no demo.

George d'Adhemar 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

I'll post some info soon; I couldn't send info sooner for reasons which I can't post here, sorry.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Can I please get a copy of the instructions too?

Bart Ashworth 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink