Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

投稿

5フォロワー フォローする

Intermittent lack of audio... Rekordbox and XDJ- RX2

I've just upgraded from an MCX8000 to a XDJ-R2 and I'm experiencing some very erratic audio issues. I have gone through all of the recommended trouble shooting steps found in the support area and have also tried the software / hardware on a second computer to rule out the PC being the problem.

Basically, the audio output fails to work or stops working most of the time. This includes local (PC) and ASIO.

Detail Log:

From a fresh boot, all drivers installed, RX2 turned off, run RB in Export mode. Load a track in to Player 1, audio can be heard through the PC as expected.

Add Player 2 and load a track, again audio can be heard correctly. Switch to Performance mode, both channels play correctly. Switch back to Export Mode, close RB. Perfect!

Turn on the RX2, check the audio device is set as default, play the windows test sound, no audio? Run RB in Export Mode and check that the ASIO driver is selected, which it is. Load a track in to Player 1, no audio can be heard, even though the Master VU meter is active. Change audio back to PC, audio can be heard again. Close RB.

Turn off / on RX2, run RB, switch to Performance Mode and load a track in to deck 1, no sound heard and no VU meters are showing output. Switch back to Export and close RB. Play test sound via the Windows sounds options, viola sound is now playing through the RX2 unit.

Boot RB in Export mode, load track in to Player 1, sound is now playing via the RX2 and Player 2 is also working. Switch to Performance mode both tracks are still loaded and play fine. Load a new track in to deck 1, no audio for deck 1 and the channel meter is not responding.

Audio is still working in deck 2. Load a track in to deck 2, audio for deck 2 stops working. Switch audio back to PC both in RB and Windows, no audio can be heard and neither the channel or master meters show output. Play windows test sample for the PC device, works fine.

No matter what I do now, changing audio source, closing and re-running RB. Until I turn off the RX2 I cannot get any audio in any mode on any channel. Once I turn off the Rx2 and re-run RB, the PC audio works again.

As you can see, this sounds crazy. I have similar issues on the second computer. It sounds very much like an initialization issue with the driver TBH especially when it's working and then loading another track in to a deck breaks the audio.

I will just add, the RX2 in stand alone mode, no issues at all...

Sorry for the long post but I just can't figure it out... I have raised a ticket with support but thought someone here may be able to help.

Dave T. 回答済み

正式なコメント

I'll leave the support team to get into the technicality of things, but can I ask why you're trying to assign the XDJ-RX2 as the output from Windows? And don't you think that might be a reason for the conflict when trying to load rekordbox?

Pulse
コメントアクション Permalink

ログインしてコメントを残してください。

22件のコメント

Thanks for getting back to me...

When you install the XDJ-R2 driver, windows adds an extra playback device that "standard" audio can be channelled through i.e. I can watch videos and send the audio to the R2 so it comes through my speakers by selecting it as a windows playback device...

TBH, I'm not bothered about this functionality if it's not fully supported. So long as the audio within the RB environment works I'm happy.

FYI, I've just moved my database to my laptop so I can work on some prep. In Export mode, only Player 1 plays audio, Player 2... nothing. Just bog standard PC speaker set up.

It's weird....

Dave T. 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

By default, most devices (including ASIO devices) will add WDM, KS, or even MME drivers for Windows, so that's why they're available on the system - but that doesn't mean you'll be able to use them with any desired functionality.

As for the 2 decks in export mode, have you checked that the crossfader isn't set over to deck 1?

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Understood...

Yes, the Crossfader is correct... I'll try to debug it some more :-)

Thanks for the fast responses BTW. Really appreciate the help!

Dave T. 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Lucky timing that I'm online this morning tackling some Q&A! ;)

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

If it helps I've uploaded a video HERE. It shows how the audio stops when loading new tracks in to decks in Performance mode.

Dave T. 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Hey, I've not heard anything from the engineers / support... I filed a ticket last Saturday along with video and just added a DXDiag to try to help. When should I hear back?

Rekordbox basically won't work on either of my PC's with my RX2., or either with my PC's and the on-board sound card :-(

Dave T. 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

We had some issues with the assignments for tickets in the European region; our team is working to get on those and address the backlog. Thanks for your patience.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

So I think I'm getting to the bottom of this problem...

I didn't mention that I exported my library initially from Serato to Rekordbox using Rekord Buddy. I think something may have gone wrong with the import via XML. While I re-analysed all of the tracks after the import for key, I disabled BPM as I have a lot of grid edits.

I re-analysed a track as a test including BPM. Once I'd done that, the track worked perfectly. As I can't analyse my whole collection because of the edited grids, I thought I'd try to Export the Collection to XML and then Re-Import. All tracks now play :-)

I have lost my Active Loop and Colour settings, but I can go through an re-edit those.

I'm not sure if it was the Export or the Import that fixed it...

Dave T. 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Hello The Funk Society.  Could you explain how you did the "export/import"?  I am running into the exact same issue.

techthedj 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Firstly go to the preference menu and under the Advance / Database section make sure Export Beat Grid Information is ticked and make a note of the XML imported path. Under View / Layout Rekordbox.XML should be ticked.

Go to the File menu and select Export Collection to XML. Save this to the path location that was in the settings menu.

Backup all of your collection using the option in the File menu!!!!

Highlight all of your collection and press CTRL and Delete to delete the broken tracks. Click on each of your playlists and do the same. BTW, they won't contain any tracks.

If you look at the tree view on the bottom left of Rekordbox, you should see a Rekordbox XML item. Click on that and all of you tracks and playlists will be in there. Drag and Drop the All Tracks item in to your collection and Rekordbox will re-import everything and the problem should be fixed...

Hope that all makes sense :-)

Dave T. 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

I'm investigating this on my end to make sure this is or is not a Rekord Buddy related issue.

Can't reproduce it here at the moment but will keep you guys posted with what I find.

Damien Sirkis 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Unfortunately I've lost the help I had trying to figure out this problem and I can't reproduce this here myself.

If anyone is having this issue and is willing to help in return for a bug bounty prize when contact me via support (red tab on the right of the next.audio website).

Thanks!

Damien Sirkis 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Maybe we have an explanation... In the rekordbox 5.0.2 release notes I've noticed this:

• Auto gain value was minimized when tracks were imported via rekordbox.xml.

Can someone confirm that this was the problem and that 5.0.2 doesn't exhibit the issue described in this thread? Thanks!

Damien Sirkis 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Hi Damien, we're on 5.0.3 and are having the same issue.. we also use rekordbuddy

matthew phelan 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Ok correction, our first xml import (from serato) was an earlier version of Rekordbox.. with the bug.

Deleted everything and did a reimport from the xml files as per the above instructions and it works! 

matthew phelan 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Yay! That's great to hear as I never got 100% confirmation that this was indeed the issue.

Thanks for the update!

Damien Sirkis 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink