Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

投稿

4フォロワー フォローする

[CLOSED] XDJ-RX2 SEARCH FUNCTION ISSUE

Hi,

The "qwerty" search function results only search for track name, not Artist, Album or comments column.

Can someone from Pioneer please confirm this is the correct setting? and can we see an update to include Artist and Comments results in the search,

Kind regards,
David

Dav

正式なコメント

The search does not cross multiple fields, but can contain separated keywords (it's not a string-search, but a keyword search).

Pulse
コメントアクション Permalink

投稿コメントは受け付けていません。

18件のコメント

@David > The search should also search the artist field, but not the comments.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Pulse, and what about multi language search? For example Russian keyboard support?

FSC_DS 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Not available at this time, sorry - only Roman characters (not even accented characters are supported).

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Thanks. But is it in plans? For me it is more readable in language that it is, not in transliterated.

FSC_DS 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Sorry, I don't believe any other language options will be available.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

No, it's only searching for track names. All my metadata is meticulous. 

EG: I would search "DAVID" for David Guetta tracks, but the RX2 would only show if his name appears in the track name column.

I must be missing something in the settings somewhere surely?? 

Im sure its just as easy as a firmware update (to which I'm on version 1.2.0)

Thanks

Dav 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Im gonna do some more troubleshooting, Ill probably find my own mistake along the way *facepalm moment :D

Dav 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

I have 64gb 3.0usb flash drive. Originally it was formatted in FAT32. After reformatting to Apple Mac OS Extended (Journaled) it seems to have fixed the issue!!

FAT32 doesn't really work after 32gb.......duly noted!

Dav 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Well ... yes, it does work beyond 32GB, it could simply have been the utility you used to format it didn't assign the proper file table.

All good, glad you were able to sort it out!

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Pulse, Out of topic, but my question is connected. 

I,be received rx2 and considering to buy new flash 64-128 GB. What is the best practice to set up it correctly for this unit using Windows Environment?

FSC_DS 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Format that bad boy to FAT32 with Master Boot Record and away you go!

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

This issue has returned, Ive tried formatting in FAT32 JFHS+ and HFS+ (On my Macbook Pro) 

Im not sure what how it worked last time but Im not able to search artists when DJing which is a first world problem, but an annoyance non the less.

Any help would be great, but I can't see a fix 

Dav 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

if the RX2 is similar in searching as the 2000NXS2 then it only searches the "track title" field as told by the pioneer engineers also. I actually took all of my artists and added them (via a tool obviously) to the end of my track title tags so I can search random title words and artist names

BriChi 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

They can search artist, I have finally solved it, in Rekordbox, you have to have "Artist" in the active category column on the right hand side.

I have added and removed Artist to and from active category multiple times to confirm this was the issue.

I think this is the case for the CDJ's too, if you add artist to the active column, I think you'll find, you'll be able to search artists on the CDJ's too.

Dav 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

on the cdj's you cant, I have all that enabled in the category

Maybe its just the random word search the CDJ does, for example for a song like "uptown funk" I can just type "up bruno" and it shows up, maybe thats the search that only looks at title

BriChi 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

thats what it was pulse, thanks for clearing that up above. 

BriChi 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink