I know this has been mentioned before, but Pioneer really seem to be treating Video as a small addon to Rekordbox as it seems they aren't sorting out the many frustrations that people are having. I use 90% video at my gig and there are still irritating issues that have still not been fixed (some for over a year)
- When you search your whole collection, you can't then drag a video to a video playlist
- When you search the whole collection, there is no way to sort the order to show videos at the top for example. I know you can then click on video collection and search again but it is another step
- iTunes Video Playlists don't show up.
- You can't create mixed playlists - this is really annoying and I know Pulse has explained that it's about stopping DJs accidentally trying to export videos to a usb but surely there must be a way to make USB export 'audio only'. I don't have the video for EVERY song I want to play, but I don't want to have to flick between audio and video playlists each time to choose the next song.
- A small gripe - when I used Virtual DJ, i could just quickly search for a video version of a song by adding mp4 in the search box e.g. 'rhapsody mp4' - this doesn't appear to be possible in rekordbox
- When playing videos, I have have the setting on 'low'. If I choose 'high' the video will either instantly freeze or freeze after a short time. If I choose 'medium', it plays mostly OK without stutter but I am left with black bars on some videos, mostly 4:3 ones which I don't think display in the correct aspect ratio anyway. If I choose 'low' it seems to stretch to fill a 16:9 screen on most videos. A choice of aspect ratios / zoom / fill etc would be much better, especially as 1080p videos on 'low' look pretty bad. It's not my spec - I have a MacBook Pro with Retina with 16GB of RAM. Virtual DJ played everything perfectly - in fact, I used to use large VOB files on VDJ which again played without issue and having just had to spend the best part of 2 weeks converting them all as Rekordbox doesn't support VOB files I'm a bit annoyed that the quality of the video seems to be lowered just to get these to play.
There may be others, these are just what spring to mind. Having used VDJ for years, I'm finding the transition to Rekordbox quite frustrating. I was hoping to save money on my VDJ licence by moving over to Rekordbox (VDJ doesn't support the RX2 yet anyway) but I am not finding Rekordbox suits my needs right now.