Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

投稿

4フォロワー フォローする

DDJ XP1 Recordbox Mapping?

Hello Pioneer DJ Team, will it be possible in the future to map the DDJ XP1 in Recordbox DJ? Play / Pause map on the HotCue buttons for example?

David Fuchs 回答済み

正式なコメント

Currently, there are a limited number of buttons on the XP1 which can have their functions reassigned. Because the PAD EDITOR overrides the MIDI functions for the pads themselves, they are not able to be assigned to other parameters. Sorry!

Pulse
コメントアクション Permalink

サインインしてコメントを残してください。

12件のコメント

Any chance this might change?  The biggest problem I have with the XP1 is that there's no indication of which deck the unit is controlling without pressing the shift button. Being able to map the "INT" button to show/change the active deck without needing the shift button would be really helpful. As it is the unshifted INT button/indicator are pretty much redundant for controller DJs.

Mike

Mike Butler 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

@Mike > A blue box appears on the screen around the deck which is currently controlled by the XP1:

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Unfortunately it's not quite that simple.  Hook up a DDJ-RZ and a DDJ-XP1. By default the RZ and the XP1 control deck 1. Switch the RZ to control deck 3 and the highlight moves to deck 3. The RZ is now controlling deck 3 but the XP1 is still controlling deck 1 and there's no indication anywhere that shows this.

That's the obvious case. Now, hit shift-deck3 on the XP1. The highlight moves back to deck 1 and the XP1 is now controlling deck 1. That in itself is a little confusing, as the XP1 was already controlling deck 1 so logically should now be controlling deck 3. Still, at least now the highlight is showing which deck the XP1 is controlling. BUT ... guess which deck the RZ is controlling. Yup, it's still controlling deck 3, even though the highlight on screen is showing deck 1. In this case though the RZ indicator light is correctly showing deck 3 as being active.

I guess that there are two things to be fixed here. The first is some sort of indication on the hardware as to which deck the XP1 is controlling. That could easily be done with an option that removes the requirement for SHIFT when using the INT buttons to control deck selection. The second fix is to provide independent indication on the computer screen as to which deck is being controlled by which device to eliminate potential confusion. There's space under the deck numbers to add a "X" when an XP1 is connected and highlight this in blue in the same way as the deck numbers.

Mike

Mike Butler 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

@Mike > Ah, yeah - I was testing without a controller connected, I see the problem. At least the controller shows you which deck it's controlling through the indicator on the unit itself. Also, the XP1 never lost focus when you switched decks (the blue border simply changed), but pressing the deck button on the XP1 would have brought the focus box back to the deck it had, even though intuitively it should have changed to the other deck.

Using the INT button is not a viable option as that is used for another function. Mapping an existing LED to illuminate would only confuse users. Personally, I'd prefer the pad mode buttons to change colours:

Purple / Yellow for deck 1 / 2
Blue / Orange for deck 3 / 4

There also needs to be a better indicator in the window, something to indicate the XP1 vs. the controller is necessary. I'll pass this up to the rekodbox team as an urgent issue.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

But on other controllers you can remap buttons and LEDs, so why not the INT button? I know if you're using DVS direct access to the INT button/light function is probably useful but from the point of view of someone who only uses a controller it's just sitting there glowing happily away when it could be put to better use. Maybe that could be passed on as a suggestion too?

Purely out of interest, what would happen if you connected two XP1 units? It'd be really cool if they could be set up so they matched the layout of the faders, ie the lefthand unit controls decks 3,1 and the righthand unit controls 2,4 but I expect that'd need quite a lot of code changes to switch the deck mapping around.

Mike  

Mike Butler 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Mapping the INT button reflects the status of the INT/ABS/REL mode, and while it may be beneficial for those not using DVS, it could become an issue of confusion for others. I feel the coloured pad difference would be the better option.

Two XP1 units was likely not an intended use-case, so no, I don't believe they would support the ability for them to be mapped to match the deck layout with two paired decks on one unit.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Personally I don't think I'd be confused if I'd made a conscious choice to go into the editor and remap the meaning of the buttons, but I suppose if you were to use someone else's setup it might confuse you yes. Coloured pads would probably work, but then they'd need to change the colours of the pad mode buttons on the main controllers too or you end up with a UI nightmare.

Shame about the two units not being supported - you can never have too many coloured lights :)

Mike

Mike Butler 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

I would expect that if they changed the pad illumination on one product, it would certainly make sense to match other products which currently show purple or yellow.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

They've put this in the rekordbox team's list for improvement, we'll see how they implement it! No timeline just yet.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Hi, i need mapping for my DDJ-XP1, my rekordbox 4.5 not work with DDJ XP1

Mobizz 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

You're right, it doesn't. The XP1 requires rekordbox 5.3 or higher.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink