Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

投稿

2フォロワー フォローする

Imported hot cues from USB, lost all My Tags. How to fix?

I made a bunch of hot cues and memory points while DJing, and decided I wanted to save them into my rekordbox collection.

I googled how to do that and found this thread where the Pioneer rep makes it sound straightforward "Simply right-click on the USB device and select Update Collection"

So I did that, and yeah, it imported the hot cues, but it also deleted all of the My Tags from every track on my USB, which was the majority of my collection.

I would hate to lose these My Tags, they're the backbone of my organization system, I use them to create intelligent playlists, so along with the tags gone, most of my playlists are now empty.

Unfortunately it looks like my last backup file was from Mar 2021, so I'm not enthused to restore that file and lose a year and a half of work.

I do see a file in the PIONEER/Master folder called "masterPlaylists6.xml" from sept 10, which is the day I did this. Assuming that file was created when I "update collection" from the usb stick?

I'm not sure the My Tags even exist on the USB stick, but is there a way to restore them from there maybe?

If there's no way to restore the My Tags, alternatively, is there at least a way to import the intelligent playlists from my USB stick back into rekordbox?

Thanks for the help.

Attaching a screenshot of the folder:

Yeah, my fault for not backing up more often. But pretty frustrated the pioneer rep would post that without a strong disclaimer. 

M H

サインインしてコメントを残してください。

3件のコメント

Doing some more digging and wanted to share some more info on my situation that's probably useful for troubleshooting.

I confirmed the tracks on my USB do still include My Tags

And, I wanted to clarify that I've never used sync manager. Didn't even realize that was the way you're "supposed" to do things until researching other forum posts here.  I just create playlists in RB on my desktop, and then right click on the playlist > Export Playlist > USB Stick.  When I want to update a playlist on the USB, I just export the playlist to the USB again. 

M H 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

You don't need to use the Sync Manager, you're supposed to right-click on the playlist and select Update Collection if you've made changes to the songs while on the CDJ. MyTags would only be a problem if you created that USB drive with a different rekordbox collection.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

So I take that to mean there's no way to import the My Tags from my USB back into the library at this point?

you're supposed to right-click on the playlist and select Update Collection if you've made changes to the songs while on the CDJ. 

Well I right clicked on the USB device and selected Update Collection. Same difference?

MyTags would only be a problem if you created that USB drive with a different rekordbox collection.

I don't recall exactly.  I got a new computer since I began using this USB drive, but the rekordbox collection was stored on the same external SSD for both computers.  I also updated rekordbox from v5 to v6 at some point around that time, would switching versions count as a different collection?

M H 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink