Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

投稿

2フォロワー フォローする

RekordBox 5.8.7 m4a problems

Colleagues, hello.
I am working with RekordBox 5.8.7 on a computer with Windows 11 22H2 with all the latest updates and the latest set of drivers + DDJ-400 (final firmware)
There are no problems with other applications. Files of any format play without any problems, including FLAC and non-compressed WAV.
But when trying to play the tracks purchased in iTunes in the m4a format, there are obvious problems. The sound does not play evenly, with dips, especially at peak values, as if there is a cut-off.
At the same time, if I convert the same file to MP3, using LAME or Fraunhofer, the problem disappears.
m4a - bitrate 256 with 32 bit
mp3 - bitrate 320 with 32 bit
I read that similar problems were with earlier versions of RekordBox and were supposedly fixed, but apparently not.
I am not going to switch to RekordBox 6.x, because I do not want to re-pay for the RMX package, which I have already bought for version 5.x.

DJ -A- 回答済み

正式なコメント

The M4A codec was what I heard was problematic, regardless of the hardware.

Unfortunately technical support for rekordbox 5 ended in Feb. 2022, so it's unlikely that there will be any fixes issued from that side, but as this is also affecting rekordbox 6, I'd see if there are any resolutions from Microsoft.

Our work-around for the time being is recommending that customers transcode their M4A files to another format.

Pulse
コメントアクション Permalink

投稿コメントは受け付けていません。

5件のコメント

Alas, it will not be possible to roll back. And yes, I know the 22H2 had sound issues, but that was about intel SST(Realtek SST), but was solved by updating the drivers. And it really solved the problems, in all applications audio and video playback and without problems, o not in ReordBox

DJ -A- 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Hello. If the problems were in the M4A codec, then they would immediately appear in iTunes, JetAudio, DivX Pro and other applications. But problems appear only in RekordBox 5 and 6. Apparently they use their own codec or have some other problems. But the advice to recode the entire library to another format is bad advice. Several thousand tracks, ruined playlists... Is there any certainty that tomorrow RekordBox won't have problems with mp3, flac, wav? And then what, what to recode? :-)

DJ -A- 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

I'm sorry, it may be that these files play in other audio applications but we have found that it was only after the update that users have had problems with M4A  playback in rekordbox and this was resolved by either rolling back the 22H2 update or transcoding their audio files.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink