*TL;DR: *Rekordbox 1.4.1 worked, but1.5.0 crashes repeatedly after trying to analyze the same music that analyzed fine in 1.4. It appears that 1.5 is corrupting its database. Please help.
0) Have you read the "READ ME FIRST" thread in its entirety before posting: Yes I did
1) Operating System: Windows 7
2) OS Type: 64bit
3) Rekordbox version: 1.5.0 and 1.4.1
4) Using LINK: Yes
4a) LINK Connection method: Netgear - GS105 Gigabit Switch
4b) Using with CDJs: 2 CDJ 900's
5) Hard drive / Flash drive / SD card file system: 1TB NTFS
5a) Does the device have multiple partitions: No
5b) If it's a flash drive, is it a U3 device: NA
5c) With what utility did you format the device: Windows
6) Have you scanned your files for errors: Doing that now
7) Have you scanned your drive for errors:Yes
8) Is Rekordbox crashing at all: Yes
8a) If crashing, is it resulting in: error message
8b) If not crashing, are there any error messages: N/A
9) Are you able to repeat / reproduce the problem: Yes
9a) If yes, can you do it consistently: Yes
10) Any other notes regarding your setup only: Lenovo T400 4gb ram
Provide as much detail of the issue here:
I recently re-purposed a laptop to be used purely for dj'ing, and moved my music library onto an external HDD. I installed a fresh copy of Win 7x64 and procided to install the new version of rekord box. First I attempted to take my rekordbox library from my desktop (initially by using the export feature) but then by copying over /APPDATA/pioneer etc. and while that imported all of the songs along with their tags (bpm key etc) i couldnt figure out how to get the wav display to show up. Finally I gave up and decided to just let my computer analyze the files overnight. This is where my problems started.
When I woke up the next day rekordbox was about 3500ish track's into analyzing and had crashed. I restarted the application and it crashed within 10 seconds of being launched. After re-starting the computer and trying this a couple more times I decided to try the backup database file. This didnt help.
I un-installed rekordbox, cleared out the APPDATA folder, and re-installed and let it run over night again. This time it only got to about 900 tracks before it crashed. Repeating this whole un-install re-install re-analyze feature 2 more times got me to the point where i only had 90 tracks left to analyze. At that point i had been waiting for about a week to spin some music and got impatient. I turned on the link feature and spun for about an hour and a half with everything working completely fine. When clicked the LINK button after i was done playing (to disconnect the link) rekordbox crashed, and afterwards wouldn't launch (doing the same crash as soon as you try to launch it deal).
Ive read through the forums and it sounds like a couple other people are having the same problem, hopefully Pioneer is working on it :) In the mean time i downloaded mp3val and am scanning all of my tracks right now. I also spent a couple hours an finally found a copy of Rekordbox 1.4.0 online. so i am going to try to get rid of any bad tracks and re-analyze with 1.4
I have three questions:
- Does anybody know of a fix for what's going on? / Is it a known problem that's being worked on?
- I have a working copy of my database and all of the files have the wav display data attached to them, how can i move this to another computer?
Thanks in advance for the help!
(if you need crash logs or want me to run any tests or do anything to help solve this, just let me know)