Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

投稿

6フォロワー フォローする

songs from SD back to collection - HOW

So, my SD card is full of tracks with all their loops and cue points.

It is all only on my SD card and now I want them back in my collection.

If I import them in Itunes and then back in RB, all the cuepoints are gone.

How can I transfer the entire content back into RB without loosing the cue points etc ?

Mau

サインインしてコメントを残してください。

19件のコメント

I haven't tested this myself, but I believe if you go to the devices Pane in RekordBox, Right click and go Update Collection, that brings all the cue and loop points back into your RekordBox library (someone else here might be able to verify that for you)

AngusGibbins 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

When the tracks are on your computer and you've added Cue/Loop points to the SD card it's easy to get those Cue/Loop point to your computer.

Insert the SD card to a reader after starting RB. Then hit the Devices Tab, right click on the SD card and choose 'Update Collection'. This should merge the Cue info and the tracks in your Rekordbox Collection.

Lead 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

nope, tried it. (on my MAC)

I wish it worked like that, and vice versa as well (update device from the database)

I have to start from scratch.

I also noticed that if you change the tag of a song in Itunes, and Itunes' settings are to reorganise and rewrite filenames, then RB doesnt recognise the file any more, and it must be imported again.

And RB is totally unreliable on a PC. works fine on a MAC but I will never perform with RB. it crashes, whatever I do. I have given up. thumbs down. if there is anything you guys need to fix ASAP, its that.

Mau 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Lead, My tracks are not on my computer, only on the SD

Mau 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Same problem here. "Update collection" does not do that.

I think if you are forced to work on SD card just like you do, because Rekordbox is a far from perfect program and it works only on one computer (unless you are a total freak and have weeks of time to figure out).

The workaround is to just keep them on your SD card.

Just access your SD from Rekordbox and you can do all the same things right on the SD card.

My stuff is also only on SD. To not loose it, I make frequent backups and copies of my SD card. You just have to make sure to copy both folders "contents" and "pioneer" (on MAC one of those is hidden) You can also use a Backup software with incremental updates to get it to your HD. Make sure to use more expensive SD cards that have a better speed. It still takes a lot of time.

xyz234 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

I think this is a less than small oversight by Pioneer as I just took for granted that SD cards & USB Sticks would enable carry Hot Cues over to other Rekordboxes./

It's a pain in the proverbial to have to redo Cue points/etc again. 

MUSICHAOS 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

I have a question, why is the music not on your computer as well?  The way RekordBox is designed to work is you export your tracks to a USB/SD device, and then when you plug it in next, you can import your history or Cue points back in, it's not designed so that the device is the primary 'host' of your music.

AngusGibbins 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

@AngusGibbins

There are several reasons, mainly because you are not flexible.

- it is very difficult to use Rekordbox on more than one computer

- it is impossible to transfer back sounds that you put on your SD when you are on e.g. your laptop (as described in this thread)

- Cue points and Hot cues made in Rekordbox are 1/10 Second off when played in CDJ

- until recently hot cues and cue points made on the CDJ did not transfer back to rekordbox (maybe that works now)

xyz234 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

^^ I'm very flexible, but that's besides the point at hand.

If you're using the product in a way other than it's designed to be used then that's hardly Pioneer's fault.

By the sounds of it, you guys need a second external device (one for your primary media source, the other as your export device) and to copy or sync your library files across each time.

AngusGibbins 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Seems like an oversight by Pioneer that SD cards/USB Sticks can't transfer Hot Cues to other computers.

MUSICHAOS 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

In my case, it's totally rekordbox's fault!!!  I was importing some new tracks this morning and then RB just quite and KEPT quitting!  i followed the PIONEER/RB instructions and had to rename the "datafile.edb" files because both were corrupt.  Lost ALL MY TRACKS & MY PLAYLISTS!!!!!!!   Now I can only THE TRACKS FROM MY SD CARD.....BUT WHEN I import them they loose all the cue points!! I HAD OVER 500 SONGS WITH CUE POINTS THERE!! AND I HAVE TO PLAY A 3 HR SET TOMORROW AND NEED TO PUT TOGETHER A NEW PLAYLIST!  WTF AM I GONNA DO NOW TECH SUPPORT!!! 

WTF - - 

Humblegladiator 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

"ow I can only "IMPORT" THE TRACKS FROM MY SD CARD.

Humblegladiator 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

SEE HERE:      - Rekordbox crashes on startup and you have nothing else connected to your computer

It could be that your database is corrupted or damaged and you need to try loading the backup database. Ensure Rekordbox is closed and find your database in the following location:

XP: C:\Documents and Settings\yourusername\Application Data\Pioneer\rekordbox

Vista: C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\Pioneer\rekordbox

Win 7: C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\Pioneer\rekordbox

OSX: /Users/yourusername/Library/Pioneer/rekordbox

Rename datafile.edb to datafile.edb.old

Rename datafile.backup.edb to datafile.edb (removing .backup)

Restart Rekordbox and see if it opens. If it does, the main database was corrupted and the backup was working okay.

If it does not open, go back and rename ALL of the datafile files in that folder to .old and restart Rekordbox once more. If it does load, both the original and backup database were corrupted and you will have to re-import your songs once more.

Humblegladiator 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

^^ Do you do a regular backup of your computer at all? If so you might be able to pull the datafile.edb from an earlier backup.

Otherwise unless Pioneer have some sort of database recovery utility (Which seems unlikely) you're back at square one I'm afraid...

AngusGibbins 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Thanks Angus, Unfortunately it didn't occur to me that I needed to back it up because I just assumed that all the info was backed up on the SD drives that I'm using.  But unbelievably I CAN"T!! 

The other goof up ip their fault is that in the instructions they should have mentioned to make a back up of the second datafile.backup.edb, before changing it's name.  Because when I did that first stept of changing the name, it worked, but then when I went to import the music again the second one got corrupted.  So if I had just made a backup of that file, I would have had another shot to realize that it was the import that was corupt and would have done somehting differetnt.  Shit I would have made numerous backups of it had I know.  

THIS RELLY SUCKS MAN!!! I'm panicing now because I have a 3 house set tonight!  So my whole day/night last night and today is screwed because of this!  Thanks Pioneer tech support!   

Humblegladiator 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

@Humblegladiator. You still have your SD, right? Here is a workaround:  just create a backup of your SD card (e.g. with cobian backup), and copy it 1:1 to another SD card, then you have 2.

Rekordbox shows your SD card, just drag your new music on to there directly. Use SD as a master in the future. Make incremental backups. Forget the local collections or iTunes, which is the worst program anyway.

Pioneer does not implement this feature because they think that we are all pirates this would enable us to copy entire collections (read above posts).

It´s corporate arrogance which you can only afford if you are the market leader.

xyz234 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Humblegladiator: your SD/USB device ISN'T designed to be your primary source or a backup of your music, think of it in the same way as iTunes syncs with an iPod. The collection on your computer is still your primary.

Secondly, first rule of computers is ALWAYS keep a backup, second rule is make a backup of that backup and keep a backup off site (at a friends/relatives place or in your desk drawer at work). .

AngusGibbins 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink