@Ben > Is it happening on a device or directly over Rekordbox link?
tracks in player suddenly accelerate
0) Have you read the "READ ME FIRST" thread in its entirety before posting: Yes, I have, I swear.
1) Operating System: Windows 7
2) OS Type: 64bit
3) Rekordbox version: 1.5.1
4) Using LINK: No
** 4a) LINK Connection method*: n/a
* 4b) Using with CDJs*: Yes (cdj-900)
**5) Hard drive / Flash drive / SD card file system: FAT16 FAT32 NTFS HFS+
* 5a) Does the device have multiple partitions*: No
* 5b) If it's a flash drive, is it a U3 device*: not flash
* 5c) With what utility did you format the device*: Windows 7 Starter (32-bit)
**6) Have you scanned your files for errors: No
**7) Have you scanned your drive for errors: No
**8) Is Rekordbox crashing at all: No
* 8a) If crashing, is it resulting in*: n/a
* 8b) If not crashing, are there any error messages*: No
**9) Are you able to repeat / reproduce the problem: Yes, it has been happening on and off for the last 2 hours.
* 9a) If yes, can you do it consistently*: No - it seems to be random : re-playing the same track it does not happen at the same points each time.
**10) Any other notes regarding your setup only*: I have all unnecessary devices disabled - ie., wireless adapter, CD-ROM drive, USB Camera and power management on all USB hubs is set so they cannot be automatically switched off
Provide as much detail of the issue here: It seems completely random to me - within the same 32-bar loop it will sometimes happen and sometimes not and when it does recur there seems to be no pattern. The audio output stops and the track appears to fast-forward for a number of bars - between 8 and 12 bars as far as I can tell.
Will check the hard drive but have been accessing audio files from it on 3 other audio applications without noticing anything unusual.
Very grateful for any advice you can give. I have only started using rekordbox since the upgrade to 1.5.1 so I can't say if this was an error on the initial install that came with my cdj.
it was happening in rekordbox player but the problem disappeared after upgrading.
What format are your tracks -- if they're MP3, have they been encoded with a variable bit rate (VBR) encoder?