Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

投稿

9フォロワー フォローする

In Folder Sync / Keep my Folder Structure

Hello everybody

I've no tried for a few days rekordbox and I would like to know if it's possible to get that "all in 1 folder" system away somehow? Can I export my files in some organized way or do I really have to put all the MP3s in one Folder? Can I at least select a folder name for a group of mp3s or do I have to use the Artist name as folder name? I have a lot of MP3s and without a folder tree it impossible to work for me.

Steve

ログインしてコメントを残してください。

33件のコメント

@Steve > A little more information would be great so I can try to help more.

Are you referring to exporting tracks from Rekordbox onto a USB device?

If so, are you putting the USB device into a CDJ that supports Rekordbox analyzed files properly? Which models of CDJ's please?

As from what I understand at this point, you can create playlists in Rekordbox and export playlists to your USB device. Also, in the Rekordbox "Preferences" under the "Export" tab, you can select different categories to export your tracks with.

This thread might help as well: http://forums.pioneerdj.com/entries/20210682-rekordbox-folder-structure-import

Please let me know if this helped and provide some more information if you would like further assistance.

Thanks,

Foster

Foster 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

A folder-structure was suggested a while back and may be en-route for a future version, but for the time being, the easiest thing for you to do would be create a playlist for each folder you wish to replicate, then import the tracks to that playlist which will also add it to your main library.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Oh I'm sorry.

Yeah I'm working with a USB device on a CDJ 2000.

Could you please explain me a little the export preferences? I have an "active category" and an "inactive category". In the active category I've written in grey:

"Folder"

Than in Black

"Artist"

"Album"

Grey again:

Track

Playlist

History

So I have a folder structure on my USB device, I imported one folder (just to start) from USB Device 1 (this one was from my old CDJ 400) and I would like to Export the folder from USB1 including its folder tree to USB2 (for my CDJ 2000), analyzed from rekordbox, so I can use the beatgrid function.

How do I have to proceed?

Steve 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

The "Folder" view is used only for tracks existing on the USB device which are not organized by Rekordbox.  If you export through Rekordbox, you have access to all your other sorting methods but no folder structure -- which is why I suggested playlists above.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

I understand. But what are the export preferences for? I didn't understand that!

Steve 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Thanks Pulse & Foster!

So I hope that the next Update of Rekordbox will finally bring the solution of the problem, I'm pretty sure that there are a lot of users interested in this function!

Steve 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

I would like to ask you, if I really have to create for each folder a Playlist for the better overview over my mp3s? I thought Rekordbox would help me to organize my MP3s, but all I get is a lot of work without a satisfying result.

Isn’t it technically possible to analyze a track, located in a folder or subfolder of it, and export the data to the database?

Steve 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

@Steve > Yes, Rekordbox does offer several methods to organize your tracks, including artist, album, label, genre, colour, etc... folder organization is something a few DJs swear by, and unfortunately that's not currently an option apart from my suggestion.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

But when you suggested it to the developers, what did they say? More like "Yeah, we'll do it for 1.5.2" or more like "That's a problem for our successors" :)?

A other question to RB (1.5.1, Win 7 64bit, CDJ 2000, Export to USB): If I'm adding to my collection a few tracks, export them to the USB, delete the tracks from my collection in RB. Is it possible to re-import the analyzed data from the USB or do I have to import the files again from my hard disk and then export them once again to my USB?

2) Was there also a suggestion to add a folder tree under the Collection Panel? I think this would also be useful… just to make an example: if you want to separate original tracks from their remixes…

Steve 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

They take all suggestions into consideration for future updates but not everything can / will be implemented, as much as any given user would say "Well, *I* could make it happen in 4 lines of code."

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

I understand. Meanwhile I tried to work with Playlists. Not bad, but a question to the Playlist View, is it possible modify the table width on the cdj 2000 to see more of the Title and less of the Artist Name?

Steve 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

@Steve > No I don't believe it is possible at this time, however it has been suggested to the engineers for a future update.

Thanks,

Foster

Foster 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Hi Steve,

I know your general problem with the folders since I´m doing the change actually, too. As far as I understand it the problems only arise if you haven´t completed some important informations for each song like genre/year and so on or am I wrong?

If you just name the (new created) genre like your mentioned folders (name), you are able to search on the player just for songs of this (new created) genre- will be the same as if you would be in that folder. But in front of- you will have to create that genre and switch the songs to it.  In Rekordbox you will have to set the genre as an active search category, of course (where you can choose what active search options you will have). That should be also one way.

A second way besides the playlists could also be...

If you are searching a song (and you don´t know the title or artist, just where it was on your folder system) there´s maybe the way to copy that folder structure additional to the Rekordbox analyzed files on the USB. It doubles the needed space, of course. But...then you are able to search in the folder system as well. But, as Pulse has mentioned- then without the Rekordbox search features and without the saved CUEs and so on. Since this way should be the less used one it should be okay for the change. Don´t forget- if you have found that special song you had searched for, then you know the title/artist. You can still go back (in the menue) with this information and load the song with the Rekordbox search options and got the saved CUEs and so on...

So if I´m right you got three ways to count with it...

Best greetings,

deejay-d

deejay-d 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

@deejay-d > I don't think what you mentioned is directly related to what @Steve was asking. He was wanting his exported files from Rekordbox, to be located in more than 1 folder on the device. If you look at your USB device after you export tracks from Rekordbox, everything is organized in 1 folder titled "Content". He wanted that 1 folder to be changed to showing either every artist name folder, or every genre folder, and he wanted the ability to change which folder selection was first.

He also asked for the Rekordbox "Collection" tab to have a folder option so you can expand and browse through folders to locate your music. I believe you were looking for something similar to this in your collection of Rekordbox as well?

There isn't really a better alternative to creating a folder structure than by using Playlists to organize the music as Pulse suggested.

Thanks,

Foster

Foster 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Ah okay. Hm...if I got it right he wants to first select e.g. the specific folder and THEN use within this field the Rekordbox search options? If, yes would be fine, of course. But I doubt that it can´t be worked without it...it needs a mindchange and maybe some time on the start. Reminds me on the old problem of a Club DJ who was playing every week to don´t fall into the same schema of music every week...the human is a creature of habit...;-)

Understand...thought maybe he missed something. For the playlists...yes believe you...will try to get fit with it next days also to recognize the usefulness...;-) But again, great & fast support by you guys!

Best greetings,

deejay-d

deejay-d 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Hi everybody.

I am in fact having the same problem! I used to have a Folder structure, where I was able to see just the Filenames when scrolling through.

Is it possible by now in any way to just keep my original folder structure accessible through the "Folder" menu on the cdj and just copy the additional infos (like playlists, genre, artist or track search / hot cues and loops) from rekordbox to my usb device? I don't want to see only the artists or titles as it is very inconvenient for me.

I hope you understand my question, basically I'd like to keep everything as if I wouldn't use rekordbox, but still be able to have rekordbox data on my usb stick. I don't want RB to reorganise my usb stick that way.

Thanks in advance for any help guys, I appreciate it. Pablo

pablo 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

@pablo > Sorry, the folder structure is lost when exporting.  My suggestion is if you have a hard drive large enough for double your current music library size -- to use the same drive as your export drive (or another one which contains both the export and a copy of your music -- in folder structure) so that you would have the benefit of having rekordbox-analysed files for searching and browsing, but also your folder structure for browsing the way you're used to.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

thanks for the quick response! why is there actually an option to browse through "Folders"? Is it only for non-analysed files??

and will it ever be possible to do it "my way"? thanks

pablo 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Hi All,

What Pablo requested I think is a valid request. I am looking for the same thing. I also changed from CDJ 400 to 2000, so I have a file structure I know and like to work with. But of course I would like to get them analyzed, so the CDJ 2000 shows the waveform immediately, and would be nice to get some nice features what RB offers, like search, playlist), etc. but WITHOUT loosing my original file structure. Imagine if someone plays from a hard drive, but is not a resident DJ, so sometimes needs to work on CDJ-850/350/400 in different clubs, simply got lost there...

I understand it is a fundamental change in the software, but I think this is the logical way. Why do you force another file structure than the user use on his storage place?

I would appreciate any step to this direction. And I think many others would do either...

millero 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

I would like to third this

Ive been unable to use Rekord box over the last 3 years due to this issue.

I started with a file structure, and have been very happy using my system in my own way ... with my own files ... in my own order.

Serato is able to support a users own file structure, just seems abit backward Rekordbox insists on their own way. 

Im especially keen to see some movement on this as its been over 2 and a half years since I raised this issue with you. With the new DJ Aero system, and the idea Wi-Fi and Adhoc connections will be introduced into Rekordbox, and the idea you can now use an IPad (in next few months) to select a song, really does make this file structure issue the most frustrating thing about Rekordbox

PLEASE ask your developers to re look at the issue, Ive got 2 CDJ2000s I cant fully use to the maximum potential due to the awkwardness of the Rekordbox software.

DJccccc 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

The so called "analyze-in-place system" for file structure has to be considered. Please ! :)

DJccccc 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Hi Pioneer, ive just been reading the new manual for the new DJ Aero system that will be released in a few weeks .

Have to say looks excellent !

Regards to my post above, ive seen this clip ... in the manual, will this text on my screen shot ... mean that Rekord box will have file structures ... to be used.

Im just trying to clarify what it means 

Thanks

DJccccc 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

hey Pulse i tried the option you suggested of exporting the playlist onto my usb but im having a problem of only the title of the track appearing on my 850s , its only when i select a track that all the other info appears. when you scroll through the tracks in a playlist on the 850s and leave the highlighted track on but dont actually select that track it will continually read the title , seems as if the artist , bpm , genre and other info has gone. if i search through "album" looking for tracks and scroll through them all the info is there . am i missing something when i export playlists from rekordbox to usb ?

thanks

derren young 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

I'm still having the same problem. I've owned CDJ2000's since they were released and i have found rekordbox useless as i use a folder structure i.e - H:\Mixing Tracks\Dnb\Minimal. Using Rekordbox is impossible due to having to import each folder of tracks into each dedicated playlist and analyzing them. Whenever i get new tracks, i have to DELETE the ones that i've analysed and re-add the whole folder or else i get duplicates! 

There has to be a way of syncing a folder structure instead of having to import and export, kind of like mixedinkey does with reading the files and editing the the ID3 tags. Why can't pioneer do this??? It's seems a bit unfair to limit the people that don't run their whole music library off "itunes" and actually have folders... This should have been fixed by now to be honest.

Also - Is there a way on the CDJ2000 to make the browse list wider, by getting rid of the info part on the right half of the screen and keeping the tracklist full screen???

Thanks

Ben Williams 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

I must say I agree with you Ben and all the other users who have been asking for this. I too have had CDJ2000 since their release date and was very disappointed to see that Rekordbox does not have this functionality. I am truly hoping with this upcoming release that this issue is resolved as it appears to be a HIGHLY REQUESTED function. C'mon guys you make the best DJ equipment in the industry hands down IMHO, let's not fall short on the software to support it.

Waiting on the new release....

DJ K-OSS 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

I agree with the comments and I just simply do not understand Pioneer in this topic. Normally Pioneer does smart things, they work together with the Dj community to make it better, but in this case they are simply stupid. They do not understand us, or do not want to understand us, PIONEER IGNORES THEIR CUSTOMER AND THEIR REQUEST FOR LONG YEARS NOW. But why? Everything we need is already exists. CDJ2000 does what we want, but it makes no sense to play all songs in the storage drive in order to keep the structure, but get the files analysed. So we would like to do it offline, and we know that RB has the tool to do it, but only together with the stupid iTunes style nightmare. That is why many of us do not use RB. What we request, it should not be a big deal to make it ready. So Pioneer, tell us, why you simply do not care of your Customers??

millero 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Hi Ben Williams.

Have you tried using Auto Synchronisation on the USB/SD cards as this will allow you to keep adding records to the playlists and re-exporting them, or do as I do import a new folder and then export that folder as a playlist.

I believe if you create the folder and add it to rekordbox without adding tracks that are already in your collection and then adding these tracks at a later date, this will solve your duplication issues.

I hope you can understand that.

Regards 

Ric

Ric Wainwright 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Anyone waiting for this feature in rekordbox may want to pack a lunch.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink