Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

投稿

8フォロワー フォローする

Migrating my rekordbox database from windows to mac OSX

Dear Pioneer,

first question is if it is possible to migrate a database from a Windows laptop to a iMAC?

My old situation was that I had a Windows laptop with a external network drive call Y:. 

All my music was saved there. 

I copied all my data to the Macintosh HD2. I installed rekordbox and imported the latest database. Now i can see all my music but the location is ofcourse different. Is there a way to change the location for the folder from Y:\ to macintosh HD 2 or do I need to search for all the files manually?

If else is there another option to migrate a database from a windows PC to a MAC?

tnx for your help in advance.

regards,

Arno

Arno Geboers 回答済み

投稿コメントは受け付けていません。

13件のコメント

I did nog follow that post because when i started with rekordbox the data was already on the F share on the external disk. If i read that post i see "- if you're using two different operating systems and you keep your music in your "My Music" folder (or other system-based folder), it MAY not be available on the other computer" . So my question is, is it possible to migrate from a windows machine to a MAC and what is the way to do it. I hoped that there was an easy way to change the location of the music files in your database but that's not possible. HELP? I don't want to search for al 5000 tracks manually. There must be more people who have experienced the same issue?

regards,

Arno 

Arno Geboers 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

No, you can not migrate from PC to Mac or vice-versa as each OS uses a different file/folder structure.  We're working on an updated version of the guide and hopefully I can provide more insight in that update.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Arno.....I am facing the same problem.....there should be an easy way to do this........becaue it is only a matter of changing the location from f.i. F:\Beatport to /Volumes/"diskname"/Beaport. A simple rename in the xxxdatabase.edb file could or should fix the problem. The problem is of course that is not an ascii file.

@Pulse.....any idea when we can expect a simple solutions for this  ?

Ollever Buschan 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

@Ollever > I'm not sure, but I'm certain it's not a high-priority for them to implement cross-platform migration as there are many other fixes and features in the pipeline.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

I have read it, but that was 2 months ago.

I've got more then 12000 songs in rekordbox. All with cue points.

Got more then 20 playlists.

That's days of work to fix that. I only need to change the directory name somewhere.

Albert Verwater 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

@Albert Verwater > Have you found a solution since last time you've posted a comment? I am about to experience that same problem in a week from now because I am going to get a Macbook Pro, and I currently have a Windows 7 laptop with all my Rekordbox data on it...

Julien G. 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

this should in theory be possible. I transferred over both iTunes and Traktor from windows to mac by observing the same file structure in mac as in windows. It DOES mean the folder structure may be a bit messy! I'm also wondering how the cues and hot points are recorded. It that dependent on the songs just being located in rekordbox as a simple folder/file of data on the tracks or must the cues/etc info also know the location of the files? If not then one could simply create itunes playlists of the same name as rekordbox playlists, drag and drop tracks over (granted this may take time if you have many playlists), move all the data over. Recreate the rekordbox playlists from iTunes copies then simply copy over the relevant folder/file/database for the rekordbox specific information! Just spitballing here.

Jason Ross 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

May 28, 2017 - is there an update on this?

a month from now, I will be facing the same problem.

I currently have Windows 10 laptop and will be getting a Macbook Pro.

Over 9000+ tracks and over 50 playlists.

Would love to here from Pioneer DJ.

Rene Orendain 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink