Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

投稿

7フォロワー フォローする

Virtual Midi Clock Send in Rekordbox???

Message to Pioneer

OK, let it be known that some advanced users of Traktor are also using that particular program because NI has enabled Virtual Midi & Send Clock functions that works flawlessly between Traktor and any slaved "Live" performance programs such as Maschine, Ableton Live, etc..  

Not that you are asking for suggestions on Rekordbox but the release of the CDJ-2000Nexus players gives potential for some of those users to get off of Traktor, yet without that ability to do so, many may find themselves stuck relying upon tap tempo or other method to work their Live stuff into the mix and it won't always be exactly spot on.  

Please consider creating and enabling a way to generate a clock signal and send it from whichever deck is the Master.  The Midi clock signal sent to other softwares via a virtual Midi cable is best and should be mappable or easily toggled on&off to send the clock to the slave(s).  Again, it would be best if this behaves in the same way as the decks do so the Master deck will lock the software's virtual clock to the Master deck and then take over be able to become the Master signal rather than setting a BPM and having everything stay at ###.##bpm fixed like Traktor does.  

I was personally using Traktor+Live this way but I also had my CDJ-2000s set-up for Advanced HID for a good two months before this came out and I sold them (awaiting Nexus models).  I am eager to get and use the new 2000Nexus's in Rekordbox without Traktor and will use Tap Tempo to get by. 

If this feature is not on the table, it's fine.  We still have tap tempo and can function, but it would be great if you made this feature a reality because virtual Midi clock lock can be reliable and great to work with when you have the "Live" extension on your set-up.

runningoutofspace 回答済み

正式なコメント

As noted here, it has been passed to the product team, but we don't have any confirmation on whether it will be implemented, nor a timeline if so.

Pulse
コメントアクション Permalink

投稿コメントは受け付けていません。

11件のコメント

@runningoutofspace > I'll pass your comments along.

Gavin 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

This missing feature is why I still use Traktor. Istant beat sync on cue is a big advantage to have when playing live with 3 or 4 decks. I'm using 3 CDJ 2000 Nexus with a Xone DB4 and I would love to get rid of Traktor.

Does the DJM900 Nexus have an internal MIDI Clock that would keep all the CDJs running in time?

Heath92 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Would be really nice, virtual Midi Clock is a must have feature and will hopefully be supported very soon.

Would be happy for any official answer to that suggestion. Thanks Pioneer and Merry Christmas for you.

Ben Kenobi 1 票
コメントアクション Permalink

@Daniel > In case you were hoping this is something that might be implemented, as you can see, it's 3 years later, we now have a performance mode, but still no MIDI support. If and when we see MIDI implementation, this may be a consideration, but for the time being, we're still in a waiting pattern.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

@Pulse Thats shame. I was really hoping that the RB will bring such "advanced" features so it can be integrated in more complicated setups as pioneer understands that some people want to do more than blending two tracks together....  :(

Sadly lack of such features only makes people to consider another apps like Traktor... :(

Marek 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

@Marek > As it's still a software in its infancy, the engineers are more concerned with squashing bugs and improving performance before integrating advanced features and functions. I hope you understand they're not shutting out your suggestions or comments!

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

TBH, I wrote this so long ago - premature doesn't even explain it because I was thinking more on the CDJ deck's versus the version of Rekordbox we had back then which, I have to add, was a preparation software.  I don't think it is a bad idea now that Rekordbox is a full program but I'd not be bummed if this never happened.  I'm not disowning my suggestion, I just know there's other ways to acomplish what I was trying to do and there's also beauty in what can be done with the existing stuff we already have.

runningoutofspace 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

any update on midi clock? thats only reason Istill use traktor

Mike Pardus 2 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Any news yet? That feature would let me make the switch from traktor to rekordbox

Tom VG 2 票
コメントアクション Permalink