Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

投稿

5フォロワー フォローする

Rekordbox showing keys not in camelot wheel? (4 G options)

It appears rb has given me 4 options for g (going from the entries in the key field) they appear to be - G, G flat, g minor, g sharp minor.

Yet only G major and G minor see to have entries in the mik camelot wheel - Can anyone explain, admittedly i know very little about keys...

cdjbasile

ログインしてコメントを残してください。

15件のコメント

There is a relation between flats and sharps. If you look on a piano keyboard, F# (sharp) is the same key as Gb (flat) for example.

You might want to look into some basic music theory to help you through all this.

Damien Sirkis 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Thanks Gavin - So g (major) and g minor are on the Camelot wheel as 9b and 6a . I still don't understand exactly why g flat and g sharp minor don't have a camelot value?

cdjbasile 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

But they do have a Camelot value:

G-flat Minor = F-Sharp Minor = 11A

G-Sharp Minor = A-Flat Minor = 1A

Gavin 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Thanks Gavin - is there a list anywhere that's states all the permutations?
Also could you check my other thread regarding rb showing different track info

cdjbasile 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Let me give you a quick run down - it goes like this:

C -  D - E - F - G - A - B - C = This is one octave, start at middle C and play all the white keys.

Now in between most of these white keys, you have black keys (denoted with !!)

So now it goes like this: C - !! - D - !! - E - F - !! - G - !! - A - !! - B - C

For flats, you go one key below, for sharps you go one key above.

So if I said to you D Sharp well then from above you can deduce that that is E flat. C flat would be B etc.

Gavin 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Well said Gav.

A# = Bb

C# = Db

D# = Eb

F# = Gb

G# = Ab

same goes for Minor and Major for the above.

Rekordbox does throw you a little as it says G# when you are on the track, yet the search says Ab - just remember the above rules and you won't get lost folks...

:)

Phillip 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

@ philip 'same goes for Minor and Major for the above'

Do you mean  A minor = B Major etc?

cdjbasile 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

I think you need to read up on the basics of the Camelot wheel, look at a keyboard and take an hour read the fundamentals of keys. You seem to be confusing a very basic thing that Gavin, Didier and I have said. Minor and major are two different keys and can never be equal. My examples I wrote we're for the Major values tht rekordbox shows. The same rules apply for minor keys - which will. Lower case m after each key value.

Phillip 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Ah get you now. Sorry, limit knowledge - that mik lets you get away with!

cdjbasile 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Understanding the relationship between flats and sharps / majors and minors would seriously help when it comes to harmonic mixing.

Unfortunately now, most people only know of the Camelot system and don't understand standard notation. Please take the time to learn about it.

Gavin 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

I ran into the same problem as I was practicing at home. I was like, WTF? After looking at some other diagrams of the circle of fifths via google, I discovered what Gavin was explaining. The Camelot wheel is sort of a cheat sheet, but not actually representative of all of the keys that could be represented on the actual circle. There are plenty of websites explaining what the gentlemen have laid out above. I made some notes on my own Camelot diagrams so as not to get mixed up when performing. 

Kevin Harris 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

So, no go to change the key display to camelot type?

Chris Joslin 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

@Chris > Not at this time, sorry. It's my understanding that the Camelot notation requires licensing and Pioneer has not integrated that feature within rekordbox.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink