Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

投稿

3フォロワー フォローする

Rekordbox/ Pro DJ Link: Player icons lost after some time

Hi,

I´be got a problem with using rekordbox. First time of each use everything is as it should be, but after some time I´m loosing the player icons on the rekordbox screen on the laptop without changing the config. The time that it goes lost is somewhere between 20-60mins.

If I restart everything (laptop, players, switch and so on) everything works again in front of loosing it again. Just switching the Pro DJ Link icon on rekordbox does not solve the issue.

Config:

I´m linking the Laptop via LAN to the switch, also the players and the DJM-900 Nexus. Starting all everything is fine with Pro DJ Link (can use Rekordbox from Laptop with assigning songs to the player icons and also use the rekordbox cue button on the DJM, seeing the icon from the headphones and so on). On one of the players usb is also as back-up an harddrive (A-DATA SH93) via usb that I can use alternatively. Switching back works...but I´m actually unsure if it does everytime. What I learned is that it not works with link with usb device AND rekordbox, of course.

What does not work is the link from the other player to the harddrive SH-93 since the rekordbox is also linked. I think the root-cause comes from this condition that they may collide in some way. But I tried also to just use the laptop without harddrive connected on one of the players usb. But the failure picture is the same- the icons on rekordbox are lost at some time after start using... It puzzles me. I have read the rekordbox troubleshooting threat and checked the condition more as one or two times, of course.

Is this maybe exact the reason why the new CDJ-2000 nexus has it´s own rekordbox button?? Anyway- I´m happy for any advice. And thanks for the great work you do here...;-)

Best regards,

Dirk

0) Have you read the "READ ME FIRST" thread in its entirety before posting: Yes, I swear it!

1) Operating System: Windows 7 

2) OS Type: 64bit

3) Rekordbox version: 1.6.2

4) Using LINK: Yes

** 4a) LINK Connection method*: High-speed switch

4b) Using with CDJs*: Yes, 2x CDJ-2000 & DJM-900 Nexus

**5) Hard drive / Flash drive / SD card file system
: FAT16 FAT32 NTFS HFS+

5a) Does the device have multiple partitions*: No

5b) If it's a flash drive, is it a U3 device*: no flash drive

5c) With what utility did you format the device*: Windows 7

**6) Have you scanned your files for errors
: Yes

**7) Have you scanned your drive for errors
: Yes

**8) Is Rekordbox crashing at all
: No

8a) If crashing, is it resulting in*: no crash

8b) If not crashing, are there any error messages*: No

**9) Are you able to repeat / reproduce the problem
: Yes, everytime I use it

9a) If yes, can you do it consistently*: Yes

**10) Any other notes regarding your setup only
: Firewalls/ Anti-virus OFF, Network set to home-network

**Provide as much detail of the issue here
*:

deejay-d

サインインしてコメントを残してください。

8件のコメント

...ah missed the hard drive format- it´s on the laptop as well on the A-DATA SH93 drives the FAT32 format!

And: The laptop has multipe partitions, the music is on the second drive (so not on C:). The name of the drive (V:) is an other name as the A-DATA SH93 (W:) has...

It´s going to be complicated with the new systems...;-)

deejay-d 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

...I´m getting old, missing everything...the A-DATA SH93 drives have no multiple partitions....

deejay-d 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Hey Guys,

I know a lot of questions & problems on the forum here. But maybe you got a minute to post a solution or a guess or even that the problem is known... Would appreciate that, of course...;-) Maybe Pulse or anyone other knows also anything on this...

Thank you!

Best regards, Dirk

deejay-d 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

@deejay-d > Are you still having the problems?  If so, I need a bit more info:

• detail about the "High-speed switch"

• if a DHCP server exsits in your network?

• once the icon disappeared, it does not appear again?

• are you still using version 1.6.2?

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Hi Pulse,

sorry have been outside of the country for the hole November.

Yes, I have still the problem. High-speed-switch infos are coming after I have played on friday (have to give it a look first...;-). DHCP server is not on the network since if I´m playing just the laptop, the switch, the DJM-900nexus and the CDJ-2000s are used. If it dissappear it´s not coming again. Just updated to 2.01.

Is this a known issue on version 1.6.2?

Thanks for help in advance!

Best regards, Dirk

deejay-d 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Hi. I have the CDJ2000 nexus' and DJM900 nexus connecting via LAN and I have the same problem that after 24 minutes exactly I lose the Link icon, it just disappears! Once I restart everything the Link comes back and then for the next 24 minutes it's fine, then once again the Link icon goes and all connections are lost. What on earth is happening? How am I supposed to play an hours set when I can't even get up to an hours mixing before Link lost. I am running a laptop Windows 7, Rekordbox version 2.0.3.4, Netgear switching hub, Wifi turned off, all connections allowed through Firewall etc etc....... Any help would be very much appreciated as this equipment cost a fortune and I really want to use it fully. Thanks

Jeremy Cooke 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

I'm having a similar problem. But I don't show any icons most of the time, when it does, its only showing the mixer. I have 2 cdj2k nexus and djm900. Linked via netgear fs105 switch. Using RB version 2.0.3 on a MBP running 10.8.2

Any advise????

Northrider 23 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Also when I link (still showing only the mixer) and I try to load a track to the RB player is shows.

"Track loading error"
Can't load track : check your audio settings

Northrider 23 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink