Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

投稿

8フォロワー フォローする

Rekordbox & Mixed In Key

Hi, 

Seen quite a bit about this on the forum but nothing which has helped as the situation seems to change each time either of the software is updated and this is what seems to be confusing issues even more?

All I want to be able to do is put my tunes into mixed in key, have it analyse the key and then when I drag them directly into rekordbox for rekordbox to enter the "key" which MIK has read already into the rekordbox key field, How do I do this ?

Also, is there a defined way of arranging playlists in recordbox so that my track names come up on the CDJ as "key, artist, track name" i.e. "4A - ELVIS - SUSPICIOUS MINDS" ?

thank you in advance :)

Daniel 回答済み

正式なコメント

That notation is called "Camelot" and is licensed by them. In order for us to adopt it, we'd need to pay them to use it. The software team is aware of the request for this to be incorporated but I can't say for certain if it will be added.

Pulse
コメントアクション Permalink

投稿コメントは受け付けていません。

6件のコメント

Not sure if I understand your question.  

Correct me if I am wrong Pioneer but from what I understand, RB does not automatically edit your track tag when you import...RB has its own tag that it attaches on each music file such as key, wave format data, etc which is saved in the RB database file.  Each song has a RB data attached to it only when exported from RB.

Your MIK tag, regardless of where you save it (i saved mine in comments) it shouldn't be affected by RB tags.

RB can edit MP3 files but when you go, next time you go back to for instance iTunes, the song title or w/e tag you edited will change and RB will also have the missing icon logo.  Edit the mp3 file in iTunes if you use iTunes.

Painless Wolf 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

If you have analysed the file BEFORE you imported it, rekordbox will automatically recognize the "initial key" field and bring in the key info.

If you analyse the file in MiK AFTER you imported it, you can have rekordbox bring in that info by right-clicking on the file and updating the ID3 information - the track will have its meta-data re-read without losing the waveform, hot cues or memory points.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

@PULSE: How do I keep my MIK tag in my file once imported? When I right click, reload tag doesn't bring in the MIK Info

Jason Videna 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Me too... Rekordbox doesn't import the MiK  key tag like before!!! I have to manually write it .... Do you know any issue about it or any workaround?

SIMON 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

It worked for me by clicking the re-tagging option in RB after I had analyze the files in Mixed In Key.  Sometime in the future do you think RB will adopt what Serato does and have the mixed in key format show automatically after analyzation.  This would be most convenient... I mean most dj's simply can't read music and having the actual music key in the list is pretty much useless to 90% of us.  LOL

Thanks and keep up the great work :)

SC

Dj. StatixXx 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink