Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

投稿

1フォロワー フォローする

Flash to Flash

Pioneer,

I was wondering how do I transfer all my rekordbox files from one flash to another flash. I have one solid flash drive, but I want like 5 or 6. Would it be possible to transfer without losing all my rekordbox edits, cues, loops etc?? If you can help that would be uber awesome.

Jermaine Robinson

ログインしてコメントを残してください。

36件のコメント

Your best bet is to just clone the drives, that's what I. If your on a Mac you can use CC Cloner. Another is show hidden files, then copy the pioneer and contents folder from one stick to another

BriChi 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

I am on PC. How do you clone drives? I assume I can't do this in rekordbox

Jermaine Robinson 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

not sure whats out there for a pc other then Norton Ghost

In RB you would have to re-do the export on the other drives as you did on the first, little bit of a pain, Cloning is the best way OR on the pc, show hidden files, go to the flash drive and copy and paste the Contents folder and the hidden .PIONEER folder to each drive flash drive. The .Pioneer holds the data such as waves, playlists, cues, etc.... and contents holds th music. easiest way in my opinion

BriChi 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Sorry to bother again BriChi...okay I have both my flashes plugged in. Can ya kinda walk me through this?

Jermaine Robinson 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

sure, no bother

with both drives in, RB closed, format the new drive. Make sure "hidden files" are shown on the pc, once they are you will now see the .PIONEER folder on the drive along with a contents folders, drag both of these folders from one flash to the other and it will copy them to the new drive, they are now duplicated

BriChi 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Where would hidden files be located? I bet this is something super easy, im making super hard lol

Jermaine Robinson 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

So drag contents from one flash to another, and this will now duplicate them? I see contents but not the Pioneer folder

Jermaine Robinson 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

So drag contents from one flash to another, and this will now duplicate them? I see contents but not the Pioneer folder

exactly, and the .PIONEER one is the hidden file, contents is not. There may be other files and folders on the flash drive like trashes and such, those dont matter, the only ones you care about to copy is pioneer and contents

BriChi 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Ok I see them!! So by dragging contents and Pioneer this will not mess up my original? Also Should I do one at a time?

Jermaine Robinson 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Won't mess them up because its just copying and you can do 1 at a time or both together, doesnt matter. the contents folder will take the longest because that's where the music files are

BriChi 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Ok copying Pioneer right now. Got 2,599 items! Artwork and all that. Here we go!

Jermaine Robinson 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

@Jermaine > You can try Microsoft SyncToy for cloning on a PC.

Alternatively, as has been suggested to you, enable the viewing of hidden folders on PC and then copy and paste.

Let us know how it works out for you.

Gavin 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

I had to leave Lastnight while the flashes were duplicating. I will find out when I get off from work today!!

Jermaine Robinson 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

I know this is semi off the record, but how do I buy those Pioneer DJ flash drives? I want to buy one bad. I just want a full sweep of Pioneer gear.

Jermaine Robinson 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

people have asked and pretty much they are used just for promotional use, you really cannot buy them, all it probably is anyway is a sandisk or patriot type drive with the Pioneer casing

BriChi 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Ok, I have copied and pasted everything over, but for some reason when I open up Rekordbox it is still the same. Is there a step i am not doing?

Jermaine Robinson 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

nope, thats it, both flash drives should be exct now when you plug them in. did you format the new drive FAT32 first? this is how i do it and never had an issue

maybe try the synctoy next. 

BriChi 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

I thought it came formatted, but guess not! Could I still format it even after everything is pasted over?

Jermaine Robinson 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

yes and thats most likely your issue because a lot of drives come formatted NTFS which RB cannot read. So just format it FAT or FAT32 via the HP utility Pioneer recommends and then once again copy and paste the info from the working drive to the newly formatted one

BriChi 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Okay just formatted....gonna do the c/p process over again. hey man thanks for your help btw. I owe you a beer.

Jermaine Robinson 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

haha anytime!

before you do the paste, plug the drive in and open RB, make sure you can export a couple of tracks to the newly formatted drive, if it works then close RB, look at the drive in windows explorer and you should now see new PIONEER and Contents folders, if so then just overwrite them with the ones from the main drive you are trying to copy from

BriChi 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

BriChi can u dj with rekordbox? Like have ur laptop with you at a gig?

Jermaine Robinson 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Yes you can, I do it a lot, u just need an Ethernet switch which is cheap and then you can add the laptop to your link and drag tracks right from rb to your cdjs. You can also browse the rb playlists in rb from the cdjs

BriChi 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Wel, damn that's dope!! Ok re-c/p is done...gonna check it in rb now

Jermaine Robinson 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BOUT TO MAKE A MILLION IF THESE!!!

Jermaine Robinson 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink