Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

投稿

2フォロワー フォローする

Removable Drive / Device library is corrupted

0) Have you read the "READ ME FIRST" thread in its entirety before posting:  Yes !

1) Operating System: OSX 10.6.8

2) OS Type: 32bit

3) Rekordbox version: 2.1.1

4) Using LINK: Yes

4a) LINK Connection method: CDJ NXS to CDJ NXS

4b) Using with CDJs: Yes 

5) Hard drive / Flash drive / SD card file system: HFS+

5a) Does the device have multiple partitions: No

5b) If it's a flash drive, is it a U3 device: External HD. Lacie 500GB Neil Poulton 

5c) With what utility did you format the device: OSX Disc Utility

6) Have you scanned your files for errors: Yes

7) Have you scanned your drive for errors: Yes

8) Is Rekordbox crashing at all: No

8a) If crashing, is it resulting in: N/A

8b) If not crashing, are there any error messages: No

9) Are you able to repeat / reproduce the problem: Yes

9a) If yes, can you do it consistently: Yes

So recently when I open Rekordbox I get this "Removable drive  device library is corrupted"

It started happening last month when my computer froze on me. Not Rekordbox but my whole computer while I had Rekordbox open. I had to force shutdown my computer and restart it. When I re-opened Rekordbox I got this notice and every time I continue to open Rekordbox. Now I am still able to add tracks and export playlists etc like there is no problem so i'm hoping this isn't too serious.

Awhile back I had a problem and did the:

Rename datafile.edb to datafile.edb.old

Rename datafile.backup.edb to datafile.edb (removing .backup)

which helped but now I am confused. So if i'm having THIS problem now with Removable drive device library is corrupted should I add a # 1 or something to the end of that title of the file? like datafile.edb.old.1 ?

To give you some insight that Lacie external HD I have is my collection HD. I import tracks into Rekordbox from this HD. I have exported some of the playlists I have made in Rekordbox to this HD but rarely ever use that HD for djing with, so I do have a "contents" folder on it. I usually always export to my Lacie USB key and play off that

Is the "contents" folder on this drive the culprit of the "Removable drive device library is corrupted" or is it the actual tracks in the collection or is it the edb files in the Rekordbox folder on my Users/yourusername/Library/Pioneer/rekordbox ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated ~

DJC800RV

サインインしてコメントを残してください。

8件のコメント

Do you get the  "Removable drive  device library is corrupted"-message if you don't have any external drive connected when you open RB?

It feels like you don't have a problem with the RB-database (datafile.edb), rather you have a problem with the drive you export your playlists to.

Wicket 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Didn't think to completely unplug the HD's USB. I thought that Rekordbox would need that since thats where the tracks were imported from.

Just unplugged the HD and I am STILL getting that "Removable drive  device library is corrupted"

Ran a general check on the HD with Drive Genius and it came out okay.

DJC800RV 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Still having the "Removable drive  device library is corrupted"

Wanted to bump this in case anyone missed this post that can help

DJC800RV 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Pulse, Gavin, Foster, Brichi? Could any of you guys give me some insight to my issue?

DJC800RV 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

I had the same issue no easy way around this unfortunately, it sucks

since the tracks are on your drive you cannot do a simple format and re-export so my suggestion would be:

I am assuming your tracks are in a separate folder on your external like something called "MUSIC"?

if so then all the files are duplicated, the ones you have and then the ones in the CONTENTS folder when you do an export

1. Make sure you "show hidden files" on your mac

2. go to the usb drive, navigate to and rename the 2 folders called PIONEER and CONTENTS

3. now you should be able to successfully open RB and do a fully export from the local DB

if this is all successful, you should then delete the 2 renamed folders so they are not taking up useless space

BriChi 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Thanks for your reply! Will follow your instructions and let you know how it goes. So I'll have to re-export all 7k tracks? :(

DJC800RV 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Just to clarify, rename them with a .1 or .new , is that what you mean?

DJC800RV 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

yes, you will have to re-export them but I export 30,000 so i don't feel bad for ya, LOL j/k

yes, simply rename the folders anything like CONTENTSOLD PIONEEROLD    once you are successful in the transfer and everything is good, you can delete those 2 renamed folder to free up space being the CONTENTSOLD folder contains ALL your tracks again that you don't need being they were transferred again in the new CONTENTS folder

BriChi 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink