Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

投稿

3フォロワー フォローする

Lowest Acceptable Bit Rate?

Hi All, 

Not sure if this in the right forum but it's to do with music organisation in Rekordbox in a round about way!

Sorting through a HDD that has thousands of tracks on with varying bit rates.I just wondered what your lowest threshold would be for a for file in order to keep it? 192kbps? 

All of my new stuff is 320kbps and FLAC but I didn't want to just bin off all of the files on this HDD that were below 320kbps 

Colesy

サインインしてコメントを残してください。

4件のコメント

I personally wouldn't use anything lower than 320kbps. On a big system anything less sounds terrible TBH. If it's just mixes for iPod and in the house then 192 is ok, for anything else 320kbps is the way to go.

pulsator 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

The same for me. 320 MP3 is the minimum. As i heard FLAC isn't playable by CDJS?

Mateusz Kasprzak 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Yeah Flac won't play. And by the sound of it in other discussions on here it's not likely to be supported any time soon...

pulsator 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Thanks for the replies was just interested in peoples opinions. 

The analysis of the HDD is leading to a complete overhaul, which is long overdue anyway and will free up loads of space once I remove all of the duplicates. 

Currently I am purchasing some new and ripping a load of old CDs to FLAC (to replace the lower qulity tracks) using dBpoweramp and then batch converting them using the same software suite to MP3 @ 320kbps. 

Goign to take a bit of time but worth doing. 

Colesy 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink