Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

投稿

3フォロワー フォローする

is there any reason to beatgrid tracks if you're not using SYNC? (cdj-2000nex)

is there any reason one should beatgrid their tracks in rekordbox if they're not using sync? i usually just let rekordbox analyze everything on it's own.. i always just set the bpm slider and then beatmatch by ear, but then was recently reading about cdj's quantize feature which i never really paid much attention to but always have it on and read that it's supposed to snap to the grid that's on the song, whereas sync would lock it to the grid..

so would beatgridding + QUANTIZE just give u a more accurate "hit" when u cue in a song, so when u beatmatch u have less work/variation?

Lud Papp

サインインしてコメントを残してください。

2件のコメント

I'm using 2000mkI's, and they do not have sync.  I find setting the beat grid correctly along with quantize turned on in RB helps with dropping cue points much faster without spending time scrubbing...which seems is what you figured out.  Sometimes RB also guesses the tempo quite incorrectly and having the habit of setting it also makes sure the tracks show up in the proper order if you are sorting your library or searching by tempo.

pope 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Yeah, rekordbox can get it very wrong some times! I always adjust my grids to make hem perfect as a poorly grided track means loops and efx are off beat.

When connected to Pioneer nexus mixers they use the grid to keep efx in time.

Or if you can't be bothered just turn off quantize on the the Cdj and mixer and it's like old skool Cdj 1000 (where it's a pain in the neck to keep efx and loops in time lol)

I love quantize, one of the main benefits of using the nexus set up :)

pulsator 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink