Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

投稿

1フォロワー フォローする

Re-Analyzing tracks in Rekordbox

Hi all,

I'm a heavy Traktor user, that has recently ventured back to USB to have some fun.  Some barriers I'm having are the following:

1- I analyze my tracks first in Traktor, and then again in rekordbox, and have heard that Rekordbox has better key analysis, so would like to use the key detection value from RB when using USB.  Problem is, many of the tracks that get analyzed in RB, come up with values that were determined from the Traktor analysis.  It's a mix of both really...not sure why.  Anyways, I want to reanalyze my playlists once they have been copied over to the USB key but don't seem to see how to do this.

2- This is weird one, but I use a 120Gb SSD drive in an external enclosure as a usb key.  Being a Traktor DJ, I have large playlists.  For some reason, this drive hangs RB every time I delete a playlist.  This doesn't happen with my smaller USB that I have as backup.

3- I noticed in RB that some of my saved loops, cue points from Traktor, are showing up in RB on my laptop, but when I load them into a CDJ, they aren't there. Firmware issue?  Anyone have a good tutorial of creating the hot cue and hot loops in RB.  

Thanks in advance!!

RyanL

ログインしてコメントを残してください。

5件のコメント

1) Chances are that rekordbox is picking up the key field from the MP3. You can force it to analyze the key by selecting the track(s) you want and then go to the menu and select Track > Analyze Key. That will update the rekordbox database with the new key.

2) If your playlists are over 1000 songs, that's likely the problem.

3) Unless you've imported the XML files, it shouldn't bring in any additional data when importing the music. Can you elaborate on what your current workflow is to import / export in preparation for play?

Pulse 0 票

Hi Pulse,

1- That's exactly what I thought, except all the options are greyed out.  How do I enable this??

2- I do have some playlists that are quite large....is this a common issue with Rekordbox?  Any idea of that being addressed?  I currently have over 2k tracks on the usb drive in Rekordbox, but no individual playlist has over 1k tracks.  I'm living with this, but just force exiting out of RB, and restarting after I delete a playlist.  Seems to work, but forcing out of software makes me nervous.

3- It is important to know that I am using a third party application called Rekordbuddy to sync my traktor playlists with Rekordbox.  RB loads my playlists from (what used to be called 'the bridge').  Rekordbox xml.  I then simply export these playsts to the USB key.  Could this be causing an issue?  

RyanL 0 票

1) The first time I tried it I had to select more than one track, but now I seem to be able to select one or many tracks and it works. Try a multiple-selection first?

2) You can have any number of songs in your collection - I have around 35,000 and no issues. There is also a limitation of 1000 files in a physical folder  on the USB drive (when not using rekordbox).

3) Yeah, I assumed you were using Rekordbuddy but you hadn't mentioned it, that's kinda an important thing to state, dontchathink? ;)

It shouldn't be causing any issues - just remember that if you update the XML from Rekordbuddy that you need to also update your export collection by re-exporting it.

Pulse 0 票

Heyo! 

1- Nope, one, multiple, I've tried it all.  Tried my main, and backup USB keys too.

2- I have no folders with over 1000 files

3- Ya, sorry for that.... I should have thought to mention the Rekordbuddy.  I don't quite understand what you mean...

"It shouldn't be causing any issues - just remember that if you update the XML from Rekordbuddy that you need to also update your export collection by re-exporting it."

When I load RB, I use the Rekordbox xml list updated from Rekordbuddy....that's the whole point isn't it?  For my gig tonight, I tried blowing away many of the hot cue's and re creating them....I'll see if the CDJ sees them now and let you know...

RyanL 0 票

1) If you go into the preferences, under Analysis, is either of the checkboxes ticked beside Key Analysis?

2) It could be the drive format is the problem, but as that's your music source, I'm not going to suggest you re-format it and put the content back. Does it only freeze when deleting playlists?

3) With the fact that the main library of rekordbox is updated from Rekordbuddy, if you're not re-exporting the data to your USB device (the one you connect to the CDJs), you won't have those new cue points on the exported tracks. Just re-export the playlist and you'll see the tracks on the USB device get updated without having to transfer the audio files themselves.

Pulse 0 票