Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

投稿

5フォロワー フォローする

[CLOSED] No Link button in Rekordbox 3, despite network activity

I've been going back and forth about whether or not I should post this, as I have seen all of the other threads seemingly unresolved, a single person who said that shutting wifi off fixed everything, but mostly dead end threads. I just wrapped up a week of playing with 2 CDJ-2000s (non-nexus), and a DJM-900 nexus.

First things first, getting this out of the way:

0) Have you read the "READ ME FIRST" thread in its entirety AND TRIED THE SOLUTIONS THERE before posting: Yes, I swear it!

1) Operating System: OSX 10.9.4

2) OS Type: 64bit

3) rekordbox version: 3.0.0 rev. 2369-3280

4) Using LINK: Yes (trying to)

4a) LINK Connection method: Linksys SE1500, 5 port wired switch, straight CAT-5e cables

4b) Using with CDJs: Yes, CDJ-2000 v4.32

8) Is rekordbox crashing at all: No

8b) If not crashing, are there any error messages: No

9) Are you able to repeat / reproduce the problem: Yes

9a) If yes, can you do it consistently: Yes

11) Any other notes regarding your setup only

12) Provide as much detail of the issue here:

I upgraded to Rekordbox 3 the day it was available, I don't normally use CDJs (I don't own any yet), only on certain occasions or at certain friends' houses. This week I had been using CDJ-2000s, and bought a switch and a bunch of cables in order to put them to use. Since it was a convention, I had also hoped to play things I wouldn't normally have from my entire library. Try as I might, I was never able to get the LINK icon to appear.

I use a Retina Macbook Pro, so I also bought a Thunderbolt Ethernet Adapter in addition to 4 straight ethernet cables and the switch named above. After cabling and turning on the DJM and CDJ-900s (both CDJ-900s had a solid white player number, and the utility menu said Link Status: Connected), I plugged my computer into the mix. It determined it's own IP address (169.254.*.*), and... nothing. No Link button in Rekordbox, the 'My Settings' section would only report "link must be activated" and would not allow me to export my settings to the devices. Neither the CDJs nor the DJM.

I opened a terminal and ran tcpdump against the Thunderbolt bridge interface, and I saw plenty of chatter. Occasional DHCP requests, and a bunch of packets from other devices whose messages included the strings "CDJ-2000" and "DJM-900". While I don't know the rest of the details of the network communication, I certainly did see plenty of network chatter coming from the CDJs and DJM.

I had wifi off the majority of the time I was fighting with this, no other interfaces were enabled, no other interfaces had anything but red dots. The firewall built into OS X is disabled, and I do not run any other firewalls. No anti-virus or any other such software. Very little was running aside from rekordbox, a browser sometimes if I had left one open before I started playing, but otherwise I never had anything else in the foreground open.

But despite all this, the Link button never appeared.

The Pro DJ Link was definitely working, as I could share songs across CDJs (SD card loaded into the left deck, loading songs from to from both players), and I saw the "GRID" label in the DJM's effector screen, so song data that I'd analyzed with rekordbox was being sent to it. But, no love for my computer.

Is there something else I can do to diagnose this issue?

Jason Salaz

投稿コメントは受け付けていません。

20件のコメント

Opened a support ticket for this as it seems that retina MBP users with ethernet adapters are having problems linking.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Is 3.0.1 supposed to fix this issue? I don't see reference to it in the Release Notes.

Jason Salaz 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Hi,

I am also having the same issues with the exact same equipment, are there any solutions available please? old versions of Rekordbox worked perfectly well.

Many Thanks

Patriciaandcameron 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

@Jason I'm having the same exact problem same exact laptop to i even tried getting a powered usb hub and that did nothing.

Ryan De Nardo 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Hi, 

I have the same problem. Did you already solve it?

Alexander Visser 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

I did actually I recently purchased a djm 2000 and it works perfectly so it's not rekordbox its the Ethernet hubs that aren't reading. Also make sure all your firewalls are not on so rekordbox and can read the unit.

Ryan De Nardo 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Any news on this? It's quite frustrating not to be able to use rekordbox, once again...

Mikkel Bonde 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

... or at least release the 3.0.3 install-file again, since Rekordbox automatically deletes old versions now.

Mikkel Bonde 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

I had the same problem when I upgraded to 3.0 in the summer.  It took me about 20-30mins of resetting the network settings and turn on and off the cdj's and mixer on my oct 13 macbook pro.  I know this is not a solution but it finally linked and links every time right away ever since then.

DJSCIASCIA 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Requesting an update from engineers.

@DJSCIASCIA > Is that a 13" retina model?

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

And I expect you're using the Apple ethernet adapter?

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

i figured out how to do it and it works perfect ! go to your system preferences and turn off your firewall and allow downloads from anywhere and it will work 

Ryan De Nardo 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Mine was already off when I had the problem.

DJSCIASCIA 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

do you have a apple USB/ethernet adapter ? and what kind of mixer and cdjs do you have?

Ryan De Nardo 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Is anyone still having the same issue running 3.2?

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

I just wanted to chime in and say that I don't personally own CDJs, I've only been around them at friends' houses in other states, and for events. I updated to 3.2, but I can't confirm the issue until I'm in a situation to test it out again. I don't currently have a date to be able to do that. I hope someone else can confirm this is fixed. It would be supremely beneficial for me as well.

Jason Salaz 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Marking this topic as closed due to inactivity and non-response. Should you still require assistance with this matter, please create a new topic and link back to this one for reference.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink