Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

投稿

2フォロワー フォローする

XDJ-RX Freeze

I had a random freeze. The song stopped playing and the display froze (quit counting down). Is there a file size limit for this unit (as far as how big one file can be)? I only ask because the freeze happened during a dinner music mix that is 75 minutes long. I'm on the latest firmware. USB was a 128gb Sandisk Extreme Pro ... I threw a backup stick in USB slot 2 (the one on the right)... and the rest of the night was fine (regular length songs). That was a corsair 128gb stick. I'm wondering if it's the usb stick, the usb slot (shouldn't be, right?) or the fact that it was a huge audio file. Any thoughts?

Mike Sinclair

サインインしてコメントを残してください。

11件のコメント

I would try to reproduce the error at home again with the one and the other stick to isolate the error. That would be a good start. The XDJ-RX is very sensitive about USB-media and format right now. 

Sven Hannawaldt 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Hmmmm... I thought buying the "best" stick was a good plan. If there is a difference in what media it likes, maybe we should start a thread somewhere listing results from various brands? Meanwhile, I will set it up at home and run it like you suggested.

Mike Sinclair 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

I think it's more about the right format and prepairing.

1. PREPARATION OF THE USB MEDIA

On windows systems you need to format the media twice in FAT32, on mac once is enough.

With the tiny tool "hd2testw" you can check your USB media if all of it's specified space is working properly to avoid later errors: https://sosfakeflash.wordpress.com/2008/09/02/h2testw-14-gold-standard-in-detecting-usb-counterfeit-drives/ The tool writes and reads every part of the stick until it's full. Apparently there are many sticks out there which do not fulfill their specification. Even from famous brands...

2. PREPARATION OF THE MP3 FILES

Before exporting to the media all MP3 files should be scanned for errors: http://forums.pioneerdj.com/entries/20125727-MP3-Tools-More- If you never did this before you will always find some faulty files (even if they are playing properly on the CDJs). I bought all of my MP3 files from trusted sources like Amazon or Beatport Pro and there were many faulty files...

3. SOME THOUGHTS ABOUT USB MEDIA, BRANDS AND SPEED

Unfortunately the USB media speed is not important at all when using the controller: http://forums.pioneerdj.com/entries/81490445-XDJ-RX-USB-media-loading-speed-Stick-SSD-HDD-always-nearly-the-same- The higher read and write speed saves you only time when importing/exporting Rekordbox data to and from your computer. In my case it does not matter if the export takes 1 minute or 30 as I always prepare my gigs properly. I would not go with the slowest model but using super high performance sticks for twice or three times the money of still very good models does not affect your work on the controller. Having a backup stick with you should be the better idea than using just one expensive drive.

When it comes to proven media the "Kingston DataTraveler HyperX 3.0" schould be well tested. At least you can see them connected to CDJs on lots of famous DJ gigs on Youtube. I use a Kingston DTR3.0 G2 and am quite happy with it. As backup drive and/or for live recording I use a 2,5" USB HDD on which I exported all of my tracks which are not part of my playlists.

Sorry for my English - Many greetings from lovely Vienna ;-)

Sven Hannawaldt 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Sven, thanks for the ideas. The thing that is weird is I ran the 75-minute piano mix (the same track that froze) SEVEN times today at home, back & forth from deck 1 to deck 2 ... with NO issues. So, if this freeze issue is some random thing, that almost makes it worse. At least if I could re-create it, I could try to discover the cause. I just scanned for faulty mp3's and there weren't any. Maybe I'll try testing the USB media next. Sigh.

Mike Sinclair 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

@Mike > In another thread I'm tracking a bunch of users having issues with lower performance Sandisk drives, but you note the Extreme to have an issue as well. Have you tried any other brand drives to see if they also encounter similar issues?

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Pulse, I tried a Corsair Flash Voyager (rubber coated one) and it seemed fine. But, I also ran the Sandisk Extreme with the same track that froze seven times on Sunday with no problems, so I couldn't re-create the issue.

Mike Sinclair 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

@Mike > Please keep us posted if it happens again, we'd like to ensure the RX works properly for everyone! I'll leave this topic open.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Pulse, I sold my Sandisc Extreme and bought a Patriot Supersonic Rage 128gb. So, between that one and the Corsair Flash Voyager, I have been able to do 5 gigs with absolutely no issues. I don't know if it was a "fluke" or if there's something about Sandisc. LOVE my XDJ-RX

Mike Sinclair 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Well, the love for my RX is no more. I sold it and I'm going to try Serato with the DDJ-SX2 (I really like Pioneer mixers) but I had the RX lock up during "You shook me all night long" had to re-start the unit (KILLED my dance floor). I can't work with something that might lock up whenever it feels like it. It happened 3 or 4 times in the past few months, but that was the last straw. Sigh!

Mike Sinclair 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Sorry to hear that. I had around ten 6+ hours gigs so far and no hangs but I understand your position. Professional gear must work stable. I hope mine stays solid.

Personally I think lots of problems come due to communication problems (driver) of the USB port on the controller with the controllers operating system. Finally the RX is a computer and when it comes to loads of data errors there is usually a problem with the interface and/or the interface driver

Sven Hannawaldt 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Sven, I hope yours stays solid too. I had about about 10 6+ hour gigs myself and I used different brands of media. I wonder if maybe the USB port on mine was just flaky enough to cause a problem? However, I googled the error code and it seems to be a common problem with XDJ and even some CDJ's with USB ports, so it's not a new issue. E 8306 was the error I got. It says something like "no file found" but it did it on every song on the USB stick. So, I loaded up a different brand stick with the same songs into USB slot 2 on the Pio and same thing, couldn't load a thing. Re-booted, all good. All of my MP3's are encoded at CBR 320 and I ran the MP3 scan & repair pgm and it said I had no bad files. This unit is amazing... when it's working... I just can't risk it. I got my new DDJ-SX2 yesterday. Hopefully it works for me.

Mike Sinclair 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink