Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

投稿

5フォロワー フォローする

Sorting Rekordbox data based on multiple categories on XDJ-1000

I have been meaning to post this question since I spoke to one of the Pioneer support guys over the phone a couple of months ago. I am quite sure the functionality does not exist today but I will explain what I am trying to do and maybe you guys can look into incorporating this functionality in future releases of Rekordbox. The way the information in my library displays in my XDJ can be controlled amongst other things by the Category and Sort settings. The category allows me to decide what fields I am going to use to access data in my library while the Sort function allows me to sort this information once I have accessed this data through one of the predefined categories. Now, what is really missing in the current Pioneer solution is the ability to view/sort data based on multiple fields. This is called data sequencing and it is a standard solution present in most software packages that need to provide the user with the ability to view large chunks of data online (through an interactive application) or extract this data via a report (outputting the data onto a pdf or similar). Data sequencing allows the user to sort the data online or on a report using several fields as criteria. For example, I might want to see my songs sorted by

1- Genre,

2- Within each genre sorted by bpm

3- Within each bmp sorted by label (I use label to store my energy and rating).

Today sorting is possible based on one single field. This is quite limiting and it means you cannot easily narrow down songs similar to the one you are currently playing. If I am playing Psychedelic Trance at 145 bmp with a label of 5A (5 meaning it is a top song and A meaning it is not very energetic - something I would play at the beginning of the night), when I browse my library to decide which song to play next, I want to be able to narrow down other songs which are of the same genre (psychedelic trance) at roughly the same bpm (145) and with the same label (5B). The ability to sequence/sort data based on multiple fields is completely missing today from the Rekorbox solution today. This ability is a standard practice on all major software packages available in the market where users need to be able to retrieve data (online or via a report) on a regular basis (SAP, Oracle ERP solutions, Cognos, IBM AS400 query tools, Bottomline Document Management, SQL serve client, etc, etc). This is an area which I know quite well because I have been designing software myself for the last 20 years. Adding this capability to Rekordbox would really be a massive boost from the usability perspective. Any chance to include this in any of the future releases? I realise this might not be an easy development to implement so I am more than happy to help with the design if you guys decide to go ahead with this functionality. 

Thanks a lot!

Patrick Soto

正式なコメント

@Patrick > Several other users have also asked for multiple-sort/search criteria. We have let the rekordbox team know this is something important for users so hopefully we'll see it in a future update.

The work-around for it now would be to create intelligent playlists and then have sorting applied within.

Pulse
コメントアクション Permalink

投稿コメントは受け付けていません。

10件のコメント

Right, I will play with them a bit more see how much can be achieved. The issue I see with intelligent playlists is that every time I add more songs onto my collection I need to add them to these playlists, right? or are the added dynamically if they meet the filter criteria defined? In any case I love Rekordbox and my XDJ-1000 a bit more every day so I am more than happy to wait for this to come out one day...hopefully!.. :-) And if by any chance you guys need someone external to beta test or provide feedback on the design of this multi-sequence solution I am more than happy to help. Like I said, I have been plenty of experience on software design and testing so I think I know what I am talking about...;-)

Patrick Soto 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

The beauty of an intelligent playlist is it updates automatically based on the rules you define. If there is an opportunity for beta, I'll keep you in mind for it.

Glad you're enjoying the XDJ-1000's, they're a lot of fun!

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Wonderful. I will certainly play with them a bit more. You can go ahead and close this case now. Thanks!

Patrick Soto 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

@Pulse--is there an update on this request re: browsing by multiple tags/criteria with the XDJ1000/recordbox?

Handley_A 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Sorry, no info - it depends on the capabilities of the hardware. What is it you're trying to do, maybe I can make a recommendation on how to do it with what we have available now!

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

multiple-sort/search criteria is there an update on when this will be added to Rekordbox? I see this was brought as far back as 2016.

I would like to simply sort a multi genre playlist to reflect:

1- Genre,

2- Within each genre sorted by bpm

I have tried a few times creating in Intelligent Playlist and its not placing the BPM in correct ascending order such as, 124, 125, 126, 127 etc.

Victor Ortiz 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

It has been requested however we don't have any information on this. Sorry.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Hi,

why there is still not multiple columns for better research on " my playlist " ? I can't do this on my xdj 1000 mk2

other softwares does that...

Florian Cuisnier 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Sorry, per above - still on the request list, but no estimated date.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink