Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

投稿

4フォロワー フォローする

REKORDBOX DJ & CDJ 850'S NOT WORKING AS CONTROLLERS / HID

Hi there,
Just installed Rekordbox DJ, sound coming through the DJM 850 fine but CDJ 850's are not controlling the software? Checked all the settings and couldn't find anything to assign the 850's although they say they are connected in PC mode. What am i doing wrong?
Thanks in advance :)

sam white 回答済み

ログインしてコメントを残してください。

23件のコメント

Correct - the CDJs must be in ADVANCED HID mode to control rekordbox DJ.

Pulse 1 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Thanks for quick response, im not getting the option on my cdjs, am i missing something?

sam white 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

The cdjs are just saying 'connected' and Im not getting an option to select deck 1/2 as you would in serato etc. Should they be on a specific midi channel?

sam white 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

@sam > The ADVANCED HID mode is within the UTILITY of the CDJ.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Thanks Pulse, its strangely not showing up in the utilities, just getting, A.Cue,Midi,Library,History,tag,standby and version (1.12)!
I am using a decent powered hub and it did run fine with serato & traktor previously. Stumped!

sam white 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Sorry, I was thinking CDJ-900/2000 ... the 850 doesn't have that mode.

How are the CDJs connected to the computer?

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

They are connected through a belkin powered usb hub. Usually the CDJ850 will say 'connected' then prompt to choose deck 1 or 2 but they are not getting past the 'connected' message on screen!

sam white 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

I'm not sure - I haven't tested the new software with 850's. Let me bust out my 350's as they'll be pretty similar in config and setup.

What is the computer you're running and operating system version?

Did you select "CDJ-850" when installing rekordbox?

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

I think i selected DJM-850 (not cdj-850) when installing, could be wrong though. I will re-install now and make sure. Thank for looking into it for me :)

sam white 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Re-installed but it didnt give me an option. I think it automatically updated the DJM850 setting utility, not sure if that would cause any issues or not?

sam white 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Mmmmm, things have just got even weirder! Without rekordbox dj running, using an memory stick is not registering but showing rekordbox library options if that makes sense?? Its not finding any data on several memory sticks!

sam white 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Okay, so here's what I did...

• connected the CDJs and the mixer via USB to a hub, connected to the computer
  • powered on the CDJs and put them in PC mode
  • opened rekordbox
  • the CDJs changed to show "DECK ?"
  • rotated the selector to deck 1 / 2 for each CDJ
  • rekordbox recognized them, I assigned the DJM as the soundcard and it worked without further issue
Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

If you're on a PC, you may want to make sure your CDJ drivers are up to date.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

I followed the same process as mentioned Pulse and thats pretty much what happened when using serato previously. I have since removed serato and drivers, reinstalled the cdj850 drivers too but still not getting past 'connected'. Tried various orders of connecting the equipment too. Really strange. Also tried various configs of the DJM850 utility and still no joy. Also tried different usb ports. Most strange. I will keep trying. Thanks for your help :)

sam white 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

I've asked the engineers to provide some input on what I might be missing.

Pulse 1 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Thanks Pulse, as mentioned I have been methodical as possible with the set up. Im running Windows 7 by the way. I guess its some sort of communication error as its just not getting past the 'connected' message to the 'select deck' option. Hope to hear from you soon as the software looks great, really want to use it :)

sam white 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

We're working on reports from several users having problems with 850's specifically, I've asked engineers to comment and we'll post an update when we have one.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Any update on this? Looks like I got exactly the same problem (stuck on the "Deck 1" display)

Windows 10
2x CDJ 850 (Fw 1.12)
Rekordbox Dj 4.1

Johannes Buchinger 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

@Johannes > What do you mean by "stuck" on Deck 1? Did you assign it to deck 1 already and want to change it?

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Nevermind - I got it working after plugging in the CDJs to different USB ports and not using the same hub for both. Before that the CDJs controls did not trigger.

I also expected after connecting the CDJ display to change to the file browser like with Mixvibes Cross, but this seems not to be implemented (bummer!). As Rekordbox DJ has the ability to display a secondary file /collection browser I think it would be a great feature if

a) if these could be tied to be operated with an assigned deck - left browser controlled by  Deck 1, right browser by Deck 2 - which reduces jumping around in the collection when building new sets and

b) if this collection browser would be displayed on the CDJ display (it's often not possible to place the monitor centric between the CDJs forcing you to look away from the decks for track selection) - the 850's HID supports this, why does not rekordbox?

Johannes Buchinger 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

@Johannes > Glad you were able to get it sorted. Unfortunately the browser doesn't function that way and as a result it's a unified operation, sorry.

Only certain models support viewing the track list on the player display, it was decided that it was best not to show it on the CDJ-850 due to the size.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink