Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

投稿

8フォロワー フォローする

Track starts automatically right after loading

Hi there,

Sorry if I should ask the same question over and over again, but I do need to find a way to solve this problem.

So I bought Rekordbox DJ two or so weeks ago since I have fallen in love with it for many reasons. 

However, I still haven't figured out how to load a track without having it played right away. This bothers me quite a lot and that is one issues which hold me back to use Rekordbox for functions.

So each time I load a track on Deck A, it starts playing automatically. If you forget to pull down the Fader, this can be very embarrassing when you perform live in front of an audience.

This happens while using CDJs or the DDJ-SX2. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks and Season's GreetinX,

Marc

Marc2405 回答済み

ログインしてコメントを残してください。

11件のコメント

Enable the GATE mode on the hot cue within Preferences > Controller > Deck > Hot Cue.

Jay 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

that doesn't help when loading a track though, Rekordbox DJ does not have AUTO CUE like a CDJ, on a CDJ like you know with A.C. on the track is loaded and cued for you but in Rekordbox DJ when you load a track it just starts playing unless you pause the track before loading the next

BriChi 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Hi, thanks for the advice. I tried the Gate mode yesterday, but to no avail. It's even like all tracks I loaded were played right away. Is that a wanted feature that Rekordbox does not have an Auto Cue function like CDJs? Or hasn't it been implemented yet? 

Marc2405 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Does this happen if you stop the track that was previously playing on the same deck? I've found that Rekordbox's behaviour is to mimic the state of the track that was previously loaded. If it's stopped, the new track will load in a stopped state. If it was playing - even if it got to the end of the track - the newly loaded track will start playing when loaded. Solution is to pause the previously loaded track prior to loading the next one. You can hit pause even if the track has played out to the end.

vortoozo 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Hi, thanks for your comment.

Well, the autoplay issue is rather arbitrary and I cannot see any pattern. This is quite annoying if you are used to Auto Cue. As said before, if you forget about pulling down the channel fader, the new track will be heard by the audience.

Pioneer, please implement an Auto Cue feature. I'd appreciate it. Thanks

Marc2405 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

@Marcu > Correct, and other users have asked for this feature as well. We hope to see it in a future update.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Thank you so much, as promised during WMC in March!

Marc2405 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

It seems there are a number of users having issues with 4.2.0. We are recommending either not upgrading, or if you decide to, you are doing so at your own risk and we suggest you downgrade to 4.1.2.

Additionally, you can revert to a previous version of your database through an automatically created backup in the rekordbox folder:

Win 7/8/10: C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\Pioneer\rekordbox
OSX: /Users/yourusername/Library/Pioneer/rekordbox

Rename datafile.edb to datafile.edb.old
Rename datafile.backup.edb to datafile.edb (removing .backup)

rekordbox automatically creates a backup each time you launch the software; if you have opened / closed v4.2.0 more than 3 times you may not be able to recover your database in this manner. Please check the date / time of the backup files in order to choose the most appropriate version.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

It is purposely done to mimic a 1210 turntable. Serato does the same when you are in absolute or relative mode unless you stop your deck or pullndown a fader when you load a choon like popping a new vinyl on the turntable and dropping the tone arm the tune will play without pressing pause ive use turntables if they did away with this feature id move software simple as or bin it and stick to real music uncompressed on wax . Cdjs operate the same with timecode cd. In internal mode it will do the same. Once you press play on a deck unlese you jnplaybit that platter is going to keepnspinning st either 33rpm or 45rpm lowding a tune isnt going to stop the platter thwtsvehy the clever guys made us a play pause button. Dmachine UK Vinyl breakbeat n DnB Dj i play events i have three time code boxes rekordbox atm is superior traktor would be theyvhave unlocked there software to any dj gear plug and play to keep up with the big boys but rekorbox is more stable. I wish i didnt love rekordbox more than serato i really do its just far superior almost a cross between traktors flexibility and seratos reliability with pioneer additions. In some softwares there is an option to “stop playback at end of track” or reset deck controls which include play pause its on the deck. Serato just brought out a daylight mode like apple IOS13 brought out night time mode theyre out of ideas and lost my interest iv been with them seven years a month on rekordbox it really is difficult to use serato now . Rekordbox djm 459 RMX 1000 & sp1 the ultimate setup swapped my ddj sx2 for it Mixcloud.com/ukbreakbeatnmukkybreaks to hear rekordboxs effects and capabilty from a pro dj with no sync and none of these problems you guys have above youtube Dmachine for Dnb and House Trip hop

Dmachine 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink