Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

投稿

9フォロワー フォローする

Two months without being able to export to USB - critical "shuffle" bug still not recognized or fixed!

First of all I would like to apologize for making a new thread about this Rekordbox problem, but since the original thread

https://forums.pioneerdj.com/hc/communities/public/questions/204543985-Rekordbox-and-Itunes-playlist-issue

is on page 4 by now and we still have no constructive response from Pioneer I'm feeling forced to push the problem up to page one, where it belongs.

The fact is that ever since iTunes got updated Rekordbox shuffles ALL iTunes smart playlists synced through the sync manager. The original order is not recognized. This also applies to ALL normal playlists over about 40 tracks. This is a critical bug that makes Rekordbox useless for anyone syncing iTunes smart playlists and rely on the sorting order!

Please recognize this problem and at least tell us a fix is on the way. It's been almost two months since I have been able to export to USB and it's getting increasingly frustrating.

All software up to date, Mac OS X Yosemite.

The Henrik Maneuver

ログインしてコメントを残してください。

44件のコメント

Same here. You cant even sort native smart playlists!

Kirill Kubrakov 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Same problem! Please Pioneer....this should be not hard to correct!

Jacox 1 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Same problem. Can't renumber smart playlists in rekordbox

Irving 1 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Can you guys please tell me what you're doing in a step-by-step walk-through, because I have tried several times and I don't seem to have any issues with the track ordering using rekordbox 3.3.0 and iTunes 12.2.2.25.

1) Created a new smart playlist in iTunes, reordered tracks to my liking.
2) Opened rekordbox, clicked SYNC MANAGER, selected the new smart playlist, clicked the -> arrow, clicked Close.
3) The list appeared under iTunes on the left panel of rekordbox, selecting that playlist shows the exact same order as iTunes did.
4) Dragging-and-dropping the playlist from the iTunes section to the local playlist section also retained the order.

You CAN NOT re-order the tracks from an iTunes playlist, regular or smart list.
You CAN re-order the tracks in a local (rekordbox) playlist.
You CAN NOT re-order tracks in a local (rekordbox) intelligent playlist because this list is generated dynamically!

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Thanks for the response.

I've using the exact same versions of rekordbox and itunes, and am following steps 1, 2 and 3 just as you are. Here are two screenshots exhibiting the problem:

iTunes smart playlist, note that it is sorted by track name:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/p05mfibt1gfy4dx/Screenshot%202015-08-25%2013.06.12.png?dl=0

Rekordbox, same itunes playlist, note that it is not sorted by name. No matter what I do in itunes, the rekordbox playlist is sorted in what appears to be a random order (though this order always persists, for example, that 7A - Saku II track is always first in this Early playlist).
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2822vh2zfbjrn4h/Screenshot%202015-08-25%2013.06.43.png?dl=0

spencer miles 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Okay, I see -- it seems that iTunes isn't passing the sort; it does the sorting (in your case, by name) internally on that list. The stored order on the list is the "manual" order, and that's what rekordbox is collecting. If you want to sort the list by name, you need to import the playlist into rekordbox (my step 4, above) and then click the Title column header, then go to the menu and select Playlist > Renumber Track Order.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

This doesn't seem to be a rekordbox issue, but rather iTunes not re-numbering the order of the playlist when you change the sort order.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

OK, so step #4 is a workaround for now, which I'm thankful for! But, this work around is incredibly tedious, so I'm hoping we can get native itunes sorting working again at some point. I have about 50 smart playlists in iTunes, and I'm constantly adding new music to my library. So by using this approach, every time I import new stuff into rekordbox, I'll need to then drag those itunes playlists into rekordbox, and then go through all 50 playlists and Renumber Track Order.

Rekordbox used to support the iTunes track ordering out of the box, meaning I didn't have to drag any itunes playlists into rekordbox. Hoping we can get a fix that supports that again?

Thanks,
Spencer

spencer miles 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

I'm staring at my iTunes XML file right now, and I can tell you that no matter how I sort the playlist within iTunes, I always see the same order of data in the XML:

<key>Playlist Items</key>
        <array>
            <dict>
                <key>Track ID</key><integer>50121</integer>
            </dict>
            <dict>
                <key>Track ID</key><integer>50123</integer>
            </dict>
            <dict>
                <key>Track ID</key><integer>59025</integer>
            </dict>
            <dict>
                <key>Track ID</key><integer>73807</integer>
            </dict>
            <dict>
                <key>Track ID</key><integer>71827</integer>
            </dict>
            <dict>
                <key>Track ID</key><integer>73583</integer>
            </dict>
            <dict>
                <key>Track ID</key><integer>71821</integer>
            </dict>
            <dict>
                <key>Track ID</key><integer>73693</integer>
            </dict>
            <dict>
                <key>Track ID</key><integer>73747</integer>
            </dict>
            <dict>
                <key>Track ID</key><integer>71823</integer>
            </dict>
            <dict>
                <key>Track ID</key><integer>71825</integer>
            </dict>
        </array>
Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Yep, you're absolutely correct. I just took a look at "iTunes Music Library.xml", and iTunes is no longer saving the sort order with the playlists. That's really unfortunate. Yet another iTunes 12.2 bug, and who knows if they'll ever fix it.

Perhaps the rekordbox dev team could allow for a way to save iTunes playlist sort orders from within rekordbox? Without having to copy each playlist to a rekordbox playlist? That would solve it.

spencer miles 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

rekordbox can't manage the iTunes playlist order as the XML is read-only so as not to corrupt or damage it (also a reason it's a one-way sync). The only way to get around this is the #4 step of copying it into rekordbox.

I know iTunes 12 is a pain - this morning I was helping someone with iTunes telling them it couldn't sync their Outlook calendar to their iPhone because Outlook was not installed. It is, was previously working, but stopped sometime around 12.1. He asked if there was a fix, I said "All you can do is wait for Apple to do their thing."

Seems like this will be another one of those "if enough people complain, they'll maybe fix it" situations.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Glad to have your attention Pulse.

Syncing the iTunes smart playlists have working flawlessly since many years and a lot of us are relying on that Rekordbox picks up the sort order. Please understand how important this issue is, as I wrote in the subject, we have not been able to export for two months. Before passing it away as a iTunes issue, please get the engineers working on this since every day this problem is not fixed is extremely frustrating.

Importing the playlists to Rekordbox and manually renumber them is not an option if you like me, and several others, have over 100 smart playlists.

We all know that Apple changes things like they want to, but I cannot see any reason for them to hide the actual sorting order in smart playlists. So once again, please get the engineers on this case since the sorting information is crucial for a lot of us!

An alternative is to add functionality to Rekordbox smart playlists so that they can be as flexible as the iTunes ones. More precisely, more than 128 playlists and the "is in playlist" option. In my view this is almost a better route, then we don't have to rely on iTunes anymore.

The Henrik Maneuver 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

+1 on having an "Is In Playlist" filter for rekordbox intelligent playlists. This is the primary reason I still rely on iTunes for my smart playlists. I have top level playlists like "Daytime", "Nighttime", "Wedding", and then subplaylists under those for things like genre or situation, which all rely on the "Is In Playlist" = "Daytime" to work.

spencer miles 1 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Well, some questions got their answer while i was typing...

The Henrik Maneuver 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

I know they're working to expand the number of intelligent playlists, and the "is in playlist" function currently exists (the drop-down arrow beside the collection count).

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Sorry, but where do you find the "is in playlist" option? Been staring at the smart playlists options for five minutes and feel kinda stupid...

The Henrik Maneuver 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Click a track, then click this guy at the top of the list:

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

I think you misunderstand the "is in playlist" option we are looking for. We need to add it as a search criteria in the intelligent playlists, a VERY vital option that iTunes has.

We now have Artist, BPM, etc and need "playlist" in that list.

/Users/Henrik/Desktop/untlist.tiff

The Henrik Maneuver 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

I don't see that dropdown... I too feel kinda stupid, haha!

spencer miles 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Tried to add a picture of the Intelligent playlist dialog but hat went so so.

The Henrik Maneuver 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

To clarify things, the "is in playlist" we need is an intelligent playlist criteria, nothing else. As noted recently in another thread.

The Henrik Maneuver 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Let's face it, the timeline to fix this problem seems very bleak. The time it takes for Apple to patch a bug like this, even just to acknowledge that it exists, is several months at best. And past updates to Rekordbox haven't proven to be swift either, especially when it involves new functionality. And we don't even know if the requirements for the intelligent playlists to get up to par with the iTunes smart playlists will be implemented! I give up, luckily I have a very old Mac Book lying around, will transfer my Rekordbox library to that machine and NEVER connect it to the internet.

The Henrik Maneuver 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

The engineers are working to improve the playlists features, hopefully we'll see that addressed soon! I wouldn't hold my breath on Apple updating it on their end. ;)

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

The fact that the smart playlist sort information is REMOVED, not broken, is a huge hint to that Apple intentionally took out this feature from iTunes. This is how Apple normally work, simplifying things, and sometimes they go too far.

End of the line is that we probably have to forget that the smart playlists ever synced properly. I hold my thumbs that Pioneer implements all what we need in the Intelligent playlists, not relying on iTunes and Apples update policies would be awesome.

Btw, I just transferred my whole library to a computer with an old version of iTunes. Went very smooth with the Rekordbox backup/restore collection.

The Henrik Maneuver 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

After moving my library to an old computer with iTunes 12.0 and examining the XML-file, that Rekordbox interprets correctly, I have discovered that it is almost identical to the iTunes 12.2 XML that Rekordbox shuffles. Some tags like "Name" and "Playlist ID" have swapped places, but there has been no changes, that I can see, to the data output. This is very important since that means that Rekordbox after all probably is the culprit here. Apple may have changed a bit in the structure of the XML, but the data is essentially the same.

Pulse, please get back on this and make the engineers aware of this problem and that it most likely lies in how Rekordbox interprets the XML file. Yes, the data that you posted didn't include any sort information, but the working version also doesn't! It should therefore be quite easy to adopt to the small changes made to the XML file in iTunes 12.2.

The Henrik Maneuver 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

@Henrik > Without looking at the XML again, I'm pretty sure the "sort" information was stored elsewhere, not at the playlist segment of the file.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Well, then it's plausible that it's still in the 12.2 version of the XML file. This problem still could be due to Apple changing something in the file structure that makes Rekordbox not picking up the sort order. I think it's worth investigating instead of dismissing it, without any proof that iTunes actually removed the information.

The Henrik Maneuver 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Not dismissing, just suggesting another possibility. ;)

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink