Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

投稿

4フォロワー フォローする

XDJ RX not loading waveform in folder mode

Hi , i analyzed a USB drive with Rekordbox , when i load on the XDJ i can browse and load by artist , track , album , key and loads the waveform fine . But when i load a track by folder mode it loads only the small waveform , it doesn't load the big waveform , neither the bpm , it;s like the track has never been analyzed . Do you have any ideea why ?

Nedelcu Constantin

正式なコメント

That's because tracks loaded by folder are not loading from the database, but rather directly from the file itself.

Pulse
コメントアクション Permalink

サインインしてコメントを残してください。

11件のコメント

Having same issue, too - in addition to overall, some tracks I know have been analyzed by rekordbox - the XDJ-RX doesn't seem to think they've been analyzed. Can't wait to see the answer to this one.

Adam Tiegs 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

@Nedelcu > Yes, don't open the files via the folder.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Why wouldn't it pull the data (ID3 and/or wave form) from the file, that is in the database and already analyzed? With the limited search speed this thing offers (XDJ-RX), with no way to hook up a USB keyboard (or a powered hub for that matter), it helps sometimes to simply pull up the folder with your most recent music as a DJ. So not having the ability to do this plain sucks.

Adam Tiegs 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

The way the system is architected, you have to load the track first before it starts painting the waveform, just like on a CDJ... This is because waveforms, thumbnails, cues, and profiles are stored in a database, not in the track as an ID3 (Traktor, for example uses private ID3 tags for this purpose). My guess is this was done to save memory footprint on the device. This is also why the solution is limited to 10k tracks. I'm not a pioneer guy, but I've worked around the architecture enough to know that it would take a complete overhaul of the product set (hardware, firmware and software changes) to overcome these limitations...

pope 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

So controlling the file via the database good, pulling up the file without the database not good. Thanks for the note. What about faster search, utilizing a usb keyboard in the 2nd usb port (or the ability to use a powered hub)? Even two-step search would be nice! (i.e. by album, year or genre - then by bpm - can't do this in rekordbox or on the XDJ-RX).

Adam Tiegs 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

As noted in another question, the search is at its fastest, a USB keyboard isn't supported, nor is a hub for multiple devices. Two-step search isn't quite achievable, but you can search then sort.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

It would be faster if the ability to do what I described were made possible! Again, I'm comparing this technology to what I've been using as a standalone unit since 2007 from Denon (DN-HD2500). Just saying, two step search on a standalone unit is KEY! Utilizing a powered hub for more drives and a keyboard ARE possible, and should be considered for future Pioneer development. Just trying to help...is Pioneer hiring? Does Pioneer care?

Adam Tiegs 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Yes, Pioneer cares.

Two-tier searching is not possible - as I noted in my last response, you can search then sort. I find this is adequate for my needs in locating a track. Perhaps if you could elaborate how you look for specific songs currently and how this method doesn't achieve what you're trying to accomplish. Please provide real-world details, not pie-in-the-sky desires, so I can better understand what you're trying to do as there may be a way to accomplish that with the current configuration.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

It is possible! I do it all the time with my Denon controller! Can search and sort in Rekordbox, but not with the XDJ-RX. I will elaborate. Say I want to pick a song on a certain album - the album has 200 songs on it (because I classify all my dance music by genre and different names for the album). I also want to narrow it down by BPM. So the album name is "dance edit" and the bpm is "128." I can narrow it down from 5000 to 200 by the album search and from 200 to say 50 with the bpm search. I've used two steps to find the song I want from that two step search. On the Pioneer, I can choose Album (issue still not worked out as it shows "dance edit" numerous times, not once) - then no option to narrow down or even sort by bpm within that menu structure. Just saying, this would be a nice addition (and if not possible because of database software, new architecture?).

2nd example of two step search: Say I'm at a class reunion and I only want to play songs in a certain year. It would be nice to narrow down my collection not only to that year, but also by bpm based on what track is currently playing. Can't do that with the XDJ-RX. I can pull up tracks based on year or bpm, but not both (unless a laptop is hooked up using rekordbox to search). Trying to get away from having to use a laptop period!

Does that make sense?

Adam Tiegs 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink