Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

投稿

6フォロワー フォローする

Why Doesn't Rekordbox Support Video

I cannot believe the so called flag ship Rekordbox does not support video. I keep hearing people say Rekordbox is the future, but the truth is it's well stuck in the past.  Why can't it simply support video, it's not like its something difficult to do these days, even cheap iphone apps are even able to do this.  Video DJs are unable to use mixers like the xdj -rx because it's not supported by Serato and Rekordbox doesn't support video.  It's a sad state of affairs really, can someone please look into this and help the VDJs out please.

SoundONE 回答済み

正式なコメント

Thanks for your feedback.  

Unfortunately, we don't have any information available as to if or when a video plugin would be available.

Mark Gallo
コメントアクション Permalink

サインインしてコメントを残してください。

9件のコメント

@SoundONE > Question for you...

If it's so easy, why, in their 7 years since the release of Traktor Scratch Pro, has Native Instruments, a company with a software in the top 3 DJ applications, not added video support to their software?

Pioneer was a video industry leader in pushing the DVD technology into the DJ booth, but was surpassed by the ability for computers to easily store massive quantities of music videos which could be searched and loaded more readily than optical media, so they fell to the wayside without a software solution. Now that they have one, we're fairly confident they're not going to just let the competition run the video show, it's only a matter of time. Unfortunately, we don't have any information available regarding the availability or release of any video features for rekordbox.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

What are you talking about, It isn't difficult otherwise why are there dozens and dozens dozens of free VDJ programs out there, many put together by a lone coder in his/her spare time.  There is so much open source for video and video mixing out there is not really to far off from basically copy and pasting in some of the open source available.

Below are just a few that support video and who are light years in front of pioneer, many of whom like www.algoriddim.com just started with a basic iphone dj app.  Don't tell me it's difficult. I know it isn't.

You said it yourself pioneer was video industry leader, what happened

dexdj - dexdj.co.uk
pcdj - www.pcdj.com
vj-dj.arkaos - vj-dj.arkaos.net
serato - www.serato.com
video leader virtual dj - www.virtualdj.com
DJ Mixer Pro - www.djmixersoft.com
ClubDJPro - www.clubdjpro.com
Mixvibes - www.mixvibes.com
Deejaysystem Video VJ-II - www.deejaysystem.com
OtsAV - www.otsav.com
DJay - www.algoriddim.com
djmixersoft - www.djmixersoft.com
freej - www.dyne.org
ulytramixer - www.ultramixer.com
future.dj - www.xylio.com
Resolume - resolume.com
CuteDJ - www.cutedjpro.com

SoundONE -2 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Perhaps if a bit more patience was taken, maybe something could happen sometime down the line. Rekordbox is still in its infancy, so too the DDJ-RX and RZ (I too have a niggle that needs ironing out, but Pulse is looking into that). Very soon, Plus Packs and DVS will be launched and video DJing is probably likely within the first year if the team are able to implement it without crashing the user's laptop. The positives outweigh the negatives, this software has been developed by feedback both in the planning, prototype and final product stages. I'm always eager for the next update to come along, but it doesn't mean we should wish our lives away for it. It's best to have a version that works with what you want, rather than a version with what you need but doesn't work.

John Hill 1 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Patience is a virtue.  Let's just hope it's sooner rather than later.

SoundONE 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

@SoundONE > You DO realize that rekordbox dj is only 4 months old, don't you?  We want to make sure the platform is rock solid and there are no kinks or bugs before incorporating a feature that can cause a whole new world of issues for users.  It took Serato YEARS to incorporate video.  I like cliches too.  So, let's not put the cart before the horse and you will catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

Mark Gallo 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

"Don't tell me it's difficult. I know it isn't."  - you sound entitled.

djphasim 1 票
コメントアクション Permalink

let me add my 2 cents to this....I now own this monster of a controller....ddjrzx and like many others saw what you said it could do and purchased it for that reason...... and VIDEO is nothing new to you guys at PIONEER.... you had this way b4 anybody else was doing it SVM-1000 so you know what you are doing.....but to be fair when i first loaded videos to it they worked, they got analyzed and i could view some of them but when i started to set hot cues and looping them then thats when i had the problem and they wouldn't play anymore.  i know this is a new machine and you Rekordbox people on working on it but pls hurry I spent this money on being able to show videos that i get off other website (licensed)....also maybe in the future you will get it to play karaoke like your competitor that you dropped SERATO....   I AM WAITING 

ksmooth 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

ok rekordbox here is a update...had a video out there that would show played it all the way through without doing anything to it other than setting a hot cue point at the start of the track.....then went back and replayed the video and hit the cue button several times and scratched it a few times and now there are drop-outs in the video where the sound is lost 

ksmooth 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink