Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

投稿

7フォロワー フォローする

DDJ-RX play button stops working

Had a weird one tonight... cued up a song in Deck 1 and went to play it and the play button did nothing. I tried re-cueing it, re-loading it, loading a different track etc... play wouldn't work. I had to re-boot the software, which wasn't fun during a gig. Has anyone else had this happen? I used a DDJ-SX2 last year with Serato and never had an issue at over 25 gigs. I LOVE Rekordbox, but a play button should work, right?

Mike Sinclair 回答済み

ログインしてコメントを残してください。

23件のコメント

Mac latest OS (10.11.3) ... running latest version of Rekordbox (4.0.7) ... I have the latest firmware on the mixer. This appears to be a software issue, not hardware. The reason I say that is because I turned off & back on the controller and the problem was still there... re-started the software and that fixed the issue. I didn't think to try playing from the software.

Mike Sinclair 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

OLAH Mike. Thanks for details. I will comment that information with Pioneer Engineers to find a solution

Take care,

Pioneer DJ Forum support

Pedro 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

@Mike > Our engineers tried to reproduce this issue under the conditions below for about 10 minutes, but they failed in replicating it.

Mac OSX El Capitan 10.11.3
rekordbox 4.0.7
DDJ-RX firmware version 1.02
Playback on 4 decks

We would like to narrow down this issue. Please provide us with the screenshots below:

Preferences > Controller > Deck tab

Also, what were the settings of the functions below?

・Quantize  on/off ?

・Mater Temp on/off ?

・VINYL mode ?

Mark Gallo 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

I had already done some gigs with Ddj-rx and everything was perfect but last night I had the same problem! Suddenly deck-1 play stopped working even on the software! I had to reset the software, terrible in the middle of a gig!!! How embarrassing! Now I don't feel safe with rekordbox+ddj-rx. PLEASE do we know anything about this bug?
I have:
Latest OS X version
Latest ddj-rx firmware
Latest rekordbox ver
Quantize was OFF
Master temp OFF
Vynil mode ON
MacBook Pro i7, 8gb ram, 512gb ssd

Jose MG 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Jose, I feel your pain, brother. Pioneer makes AMAZING hardware, but at this point, I have to question their software. I had a big problem with their standalone (XDJ-RX) locking up, then this issue with Rekordbox DJ. I really wanted to have it be my software of choice (still do really) but I am a Wedding DJ, not a club DJ, so I don't have multiple mixers and sources. I need my controller to be reliable and the software that works with it. I hope somebody figures this out at some point.

Mike Sinclair 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Mike Sinclair-> Thank you for your reply. Totally agree with you. Did this bug happen again to you? How many times did it happen?

Jose MG 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Jose -> when it happened, I switched to other software for now. Since Pioneer couldn't re-create the problem at the time, I decided to go back to my old software. If they ever figure this out, I'll reconsider Rekordbox DJ again.

Mike Sinclair 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I would really like to go back to RB DJ as my software of choice. I'm just nervous to do it again if the play button is going to stop responding.

Mike Sinclair 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

@Mike > Have you tried resetting the MIDI map to the defaults? Click the MIDI button, then click the DEFAULT button on the pop-up window. See if it happens again.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Pulse, thanks for the input. The issue freaked me out and I ended up buying a DDJ-SX2 and went back to Serato. I really like (and miss) Rekordbox DJ though and I'm thinking of going back to it.

Mike Sinclair 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Sorry to hear that (and happy that you've got an SX2 - a great controller), if you need any other assistance please post a new topic, we'll consider this one solved.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Pulse, I just ordered a new DDJ-RX ... gonna give RB DJ another shot... I'll keep you posted if the play button issue occurs again.

Mike Sinclair 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Mike - try following Pulse's instruction. I have a DDJ-RZ and had a similar issue with the crossfader. Resetting MIDI settings did the trick for me.  

DJ Chase 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

@Jose > The engineers would like to help narrow down this issue. Could you please take a screen shot of the following page from the Preferences:

Controller > Deck tab

If you remember, what were the settings of the functions below:
・Quantize  on/off ?
・Mater Temp on/off ?
・VINYL mode ?

Thanks!

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

@pulse-> I reset the midi settings and it didn't happen again so far, the other day I had a 7 hours set and everything was perfect, I'll let you know if it happens again, anyway I always work with : tempo off, vinyl mode on, quantize off.
I love rekordbox and I love how much interested is pioneer in fixing the issues.
I think a GREAT idea is to release a beta of every new version for the massive users to test before releasing the final version, so that we can detect the issues before releasing the final version, what do you think?

Jose MG 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

We're hoping that beta versions will become more regular, but thanks for your support and backing. We endeavour to make sure the DJs are happy! :D

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Last night I was plying in a gig and this fail hapenned again. Play button from deck 1 stopped working, so embarrasing, I had to close the software and started it again. I think it hapenned when I called a cue point.

Any news about this big problem? Thanks

Macbook Pro i7, 8gb Ram, 500gb ssd, MacOS Sierra, DDJ-RX, Vinyl mode on, tempo off, quantize off.

Jose MG 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Hello Mike,

rekordbox engineers are now investigating this issue and would like to ask you some questions.

Does this issue occur when a certain tracks are playing?

If so, will you please send us the track files using Dropbox to attach the link here?

Thank you very much for your kind cooperation.

Best regards,

CRM, Pioneer DJ

Keiko 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

It happened nine months ago so I don't remember what track it was. I went back to Serato DJ for a bit then came back to Rekordbox DJ because I really do like RB better. I wish I could be more help, but I haven't had that issue happen again recently. Looks liked it happened to Jose MG though recently... maybe he could offer you some input?

Mike Sinclair 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

..And this happened to me. Happened on a track purchased from beatport. Had one deck playing, loaded a track in a second deck. Tried hitting the PLAY button on my DDJ-RZ nothing.

Tried CUE .. nothing

Ended up unloading the song and putting it in another deck and it played fine.  Next song I loaded in that 'broken' deck worked fine.

Couldn't replicate this today using the same songs. Happened completely randomly but was very frustrating.

DDJ-RZ, Macbook Pro, RB 4.2.4

DJ Chase 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Hi, Last night I played a long set in a gig and all was fine. I have tried to recreate this error without success. It doesn't happen with certain tracks so I don't think it's useful to send you the tracks @Keiko, actually I don't remember very well what track it was, I just remember I was just calling some hot cues when it happened. I hope you can find the solution to this error soon because it's not quiet to work knowing this can happen.

Jose MG 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Our engineering team is continuing to investigate this issue but is finding it difficult to replicate. If you are able to inform us of the steps you took leading up to the issue, or possibly catch it on video, it would be very helpful in troubleshooting to isolate the source of the problem.

Thank you!

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink