Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

投稿

5フォロワー フォローする

Rekordbox with external hard drives

Anybody here who have used Rekordbox with a 500GB external hard drive plug into the Pioneer CDJ (900/2000 Nexus, 2000) usb port? Can the CDJ read the drive?

Skang 回答済み

ログインしてコメントを残してください。

7件のコメント

I bought a 1 tb external hard drive to store tracks bit isn't compatible with my xdj rx, would be dam handy if they were.

William Gilbertson 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

I have tried Rekordbox with a 320GB external hard drive and the CDJ 900 Nexus could read it. I have read somewhere before that the Pioneer CDJ can take up to 500GB (external hard drive) when using Rekordbox so am trying it.

Skang 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

I tried a 500GB drive and although it worked it was very slow when searching ... 'Wait' (or working or something like that) would come up on the screen as it tried to narrow down the list of many thousands of songs based on the letters thus far entered.

With 150,000 songs (as you would have on a full 500gb drive the search facilities of a CDJ are not good enough .... best to have the 500GB drive plugged into the laptop and use Rekordbox

Christopher Booth 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

There is no limit as to the CAPACITY of the drive, but the library maximum on an XDJ-RX is 10,000 songs.

The likely reasons for a drive not reading is either the disk format (needs to be FAT32 or HFS+) or that it is a portable drive drawing more current than provided by the port on the Pioneer player or controller. In the case of the latter, a Y-cable allowing you to provide additional power from another USB port or a charger block would get around the problem.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Maybe a market for compatable external hard drives.....pioneer made of course.

William Gilbertson 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

I bought an external hard drive, seagate and it was in ntsp format and i converted it to fat32 with a program i downloaded from their webpage, how can i be sure i wont have a problem with the cd players?

Sangre 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

@Sangre > You can't. There are plenty of other issues that can go wrong with the drive. One example is that it requires more power than the USB of the Pioneer DJ product provides, and thus can't spin-up properly. All we can do is provide guidelines for products to be used with our DJ gear.

If you use a FAT32 formatted drive which has been exported from rekordbox, it should work fine.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink